Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

For anyone that cares, a bit of news

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jomery wrote: »
    Check the link - VIP rooms, beautiful people, fancy clothes, nice cocktails... I love that scene, I know most of you will despise it!

Where? Seriously, bring those girls to any of the clubs I go to, and no-one would look twice. They're alright, but I've pulled better looking myself. If being part of this scene, and acting like a prick, only gets you girls like that with no personality, then count me out.

And could you just answer the question I put to you before? What do you have to gain from impressing these people? You claim to want to be remembered for something great, but based on what you've wrote so far, you're only gonna get the Paris Hilton instant success and adoration that no-one will remember when you die. No-one fakes becoming a legend. No-one plans to become a legend. People remember someone who does what they want to do, and just happens to do it better than anyone else.
  • Options
    Where? Seriously, bring those girls to any of the clubs I go to, and no-one would look twice. They're alright, but I've pulled better looking myself.

:yes:

Same here - and yet the 'regular' women out there would no doubt have a bit more of this 'ambition' that Jomery harps on about than people out purely to scam a free night.

There are a at least a couple of girls on here that look better than most of the women on the link you posted, for example, and besides their money (which I will give them credit for, as to be a millionaire at 21 or whatever is seriously impressive), I didn't think most of the guys were anything special. Most were just successful geeks (but then again, most very successful people are!!). Check good ol' Bill Gates!

I feel there is a level of double standards coming from our pal Jomery. As in, it's ok to have no ambition if you're pretty... But then again, that fits right in with the superficial attitudes you find in the City.

... But to add a note to this - half of my friends work for investment banks, and none of them are such unsufferable cocks as the people Jomery is describing.
  • Options
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    I feel there is a level of double standards coming from our pal Jomery. As in, it's ok to have no ambition if you're pretty... But then again, that fits right in with the superficial attitudes you find in the City.

I was going to link to a picture of a girl I used to work with, but I thought I shouldn't really, since I don't have her permission. But trust me, she's really pretty. She's won local modelling contests and stuff. Anyway, I met her when we both worked in a bar when I'd just finished uni. She was working there to earn some money while her own business was getting off the ground. She's since quit that, and now works full time in her own small beauty therapy centre aged 20. I'd be much more interested in a good looking girl with ambition, who's doing what she enjoys, like her, than one of the superficial spoilt little brats that you seem to aspire to. But she's got a boyfriend, so poo. :grump: :p
  • Options
    Yea I was going to say the pictures of the girls on that link aren't exactly impressive, and you'll see just as nice and nicer at any other club. I was expecting stunners from Jomery's comments. The double barrelled surnames suggest perhaps they come from a good background, but rather than work their way up they've just decided to use their status to get into these high-society parties and leech of some poor dude who owns a website.

Seriously Jomery, get yourself to different nights out. If you've had no success at these nights then the answer is staring you right in the face.
  • Options
    Addict wrote: »
    Yea I was going to say the pictures of the girls on that link aren't exactly impressive, and you'll see just as nice and nicer at any other club. I was expecting stunners from Jomery's comments. The double barrelled surnames suggest perhaps they come from a good background, but rather than work their way up they've just decided to use their status to get into these high-society parties and leech of some poor dude who owns a website.

Seriously Jomery, get yourself to different nights out. If you've had no success at these nights then the answer is staring you right in the face.

Aye - I'm getting a bit :rolleyes: at repeatedly pointing this out.

Jomery - I'll even stick my neck out here and offer to take you on a decent night out. Chances are it wouldn't be your thing though.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    jomery, i asked a question a few pages back and you've avoided it like the plague

what would you do, if you met a girl you were crazy about and she adored you, then she told you she worked in asda?

He probably hasn't answered you because his answer would be no and then everyone would say how shallow it is. TBH, I wouldn't care what job my boyfriend does; I would love him for the person he is NOT the job he does.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote: »
    He probably hasn't answered you because his answer would be no and then everyone would say how shallow it is. TBH, I wouldn't care what job my boyfriend does; I would love him for the person he is NOT the job he does.

To be perfecty honest, I think a lot of people (male and female) WOULD be put off if their partner was just stacking shelves and earning £150 a week.

While I agree that it's shallow and not an attractive part of somebody's personality, I'd geuss the majority of people would want their partner to be earning something similar to what they earn in an ideal world.

It just so happens that he's open about it.
  • Options
    Isn't it more about making judgements about someone based on what job they do, what clothes they can afford, and what "social status" you give them, rather than because you've got to know them? Like the girl I was on about before. When I met her, she was working in a bar, and she wasn't at college or anything. I don't think that gives me the right to assume that she lacks certain qualities or ambition, and if I had, then I would've been wrong.

That's a bit different to spending time with someone, getting to know them, and then realising that your ambitions are different, and being turned off by that, which is fair enough.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    To be perfecty honest, I think a lot of people (male and female) WOULD be put off if their partner was just stacking shelves and earning £150 a week.

While I agree that it's shallow and not an attractive part of somebody's personality, I'd geuss the majority of people would want their partner to be earning something similar to what they earn in an ideal world.

For me though, it wouldn't be about the money, it would be about the ambition - if they were perfectly happy stacking shelves in Asda for the rest of their life, I'd know straight away they probably weren't for me. :yes:
  • Options
    Isn't it more about making judgements about someone based on what job they do, what clothes they can afford, and what "social status" you give them, rather than because you've got to know them? Like the girl I was on about before. When I met her, she was working in a bar, and she wasn't at college or anything. I don't think that gives me the right to assume that she lacks certain qualities or ambition, and if I had, then I would've been wrong.

Different for blokes I'd reckon.

It goes back to the age old thing though - a woman often wants a bloke that's going to go out and be the breadwinner. It doesn't mean if you're working the tills in Maccy D's that you're any less interesting, or good in bed, or physically attractive than the next bloke. But the money thing can be important, if you've just graduated and are on about £20k a year (and it's only gonna get higher) then you're not really gonna be looking to settle down with a bloke who's on £150 a week or whatever, because that won't pay the mortgage.

Without turning this into a gender thing, I honestly think it looks worse a bloke saying how he wants his bird to earn X amount than it would if a girl saying she'd want her bloke to earn something similar to her - when essentially it's the same point being made.
  • Options

maybe she's stackin shelves whilst at uni?

maybe she's in a gap year....
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    maybe she's stackin shelves whilst at uni?

maybe she's in a gap year....

I agree with what you're saying and I do think his attitude is off because he's jumping to conclusions at the very least.

But I can sort of see where he's coming from - a lot of people would jump to the same shallow conclusion if they were in his shoes :yes:
  • Options
    Well the question was what would he do if he found out a girl he liked worked in Asda. I get what you're saying, and I think it's true, but I don't think that means that it's not still totally shallow to assume that because a bloke is working in Asda stacking shelves, he lacks any sort of ambition and a girl who earns more than him should be forgiven for not giving him a second glance.
  • Options
    It's a CLASS WAR!
  • Options
    When I was at university my friends and i used to go and hang out in the city and get posh business men we didn't really fancy to buy us drinks because a) we thought it was funny and b) it was a cheap night out.

I dont' think we ever actually snogged any of them and even we drew the line at tiger tiger.

Anyway thats not my entire point. Jomery I think your coming accross as shallow on purpose because your a tiny bit scared about a lot of things - not just pulling girls and its easier for you to come across as arrogant because you don't want to actully face up to your fears.

I suspect for one that your sudden success has gone to your head and freaked you out a little - you've got so much of a large reputation now you feel that you have to go on being more and more successfull becuase the thought of not being so is scary.

London is this big complicated unreal world that totally doesn't relate to real life in the rest of the country its like every thing is maginified and it is the concentration of power for so many industries that all the things which make it an exciting and vibrant place in which to live can also mean that is a very scary and for some very lonely place to fail.

Moving on to you and girls - similarly I suspect not having ever snogged/slept with a girl has been built up in your head to such a massive thing that your so scared of it that your now making excuses to your self why you havent' actually been in for the kill - like i'm too nice, i'm always ever seen as the friend, i'm above her etc etc.

Now you've pulled one so you've gotten over one part of your fear and it really wasnt' that hard was it - but i'm kind of guessin your not sure you can pull it off again. However its OK to snog someone when your drunk and then realise that you don't fancy them - its not the end of the world and you dont' need to make some pathetic excuses.

I'm guessing as shes 16 your not going to have that much in common so i'd leave it if you was you.

I know that everyone says that loosing your virginity isn't a big deal and belive me i know pleanty of people who haven't lost it untill way into their 20's so your really not far behind - but if you feel like your the only one who isn't having sex then its only natural that you might feel left out.

a few things to remember

1) noone is going to define you via who you do or don't go out with - unless you go out with a total knob head in which case they might hate the person your going out with but not you

2)its OK not to have a girlfriend especially at 23 - i mean you might also have to start thinking about someone else for once

3) its ok to randomly snog people as long as you dont' give them the impression that its anyting else

4) its ok to want to go out with someone who has a similar back ground to you and has the same ideals and values

5) NOONE has a perfect life so dont' try and make yours perfect

6) Its ok to be scared, but to over come your fears you have to be realisitic to yourself about what they actually are and then work out whats the worse that could happen 99% of the time its never as bad as you think.
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    2)its on not to have a girlfriend especially at 23 - i mean you might also have to start thinking about someone else for once

This doesn't make much sense. Please can you explain this?
  • Options
    This doesn't make much sense. Please can you explain this?

I made a spelling mistake I will change its meant to say OK rather than on.
  • Options
    Cheers.
  • Options

Oi, whats wrong with stacking shelves, lol!

Seriously though, some people count themselves lucky to be earning £220 a week stacking shelves and really the only way to progress is to work up through the ranks.
  • Options
    BarmyArmy wrote: »

Seriously though, some people count themselves lucky to be earning £220 a week stacking shelves and really the only way to progress is to work up through the ranks.

True. I used to work in Asda ya bloody snobs :p

Anyone ever contemplate the fact that this Jomery kiddy is just attention seeking? I mean it was blatantly obvious he was that stalker bloke. Not normal.
  • Options
    never mind.
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    Anyone ever contemplate the fact that this Jomery kiddy is just attention seeking?

:yes:
  • Options
    Well he certainly isn't anyone else who's used this website and been banned before - we are absolutely certain of that, and any continued witch hunting will certainly be considered offensive postings.
  • Options

Whats right with it? Fecking sad act career imo. I used to do it part time, an couldnt stand it.
  • Options
    And no offensive - if people feel looking for attention for a problem disqualifies you from using this website, then you need to leave - the witch hunts and bitching of the past against people that gangs of posters decided were attention seeking were disgusting and led to many a ban. If you feel you don't want to reply to a thread someone starts - don't reply.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Well he certainly isn't anyone else who's used this website and been banned before - we are absolutely certain of that, and any continued witch hunting will certainly be considered offensive postings.

Lol witch hunting? I remember the days when we used to be allowed to post what we liked and only the really bad stuff was offensive. Ah the good old days.

But yeah i reckon hes just attention seeking now. He doesn't get the attention he wants in real life, and hes realised by acting like a self obsessed twat we all fall over ourselves to reply to him so hes just going OTT. Either way i don't think hes gonna get the help he needs on here.

ETA: It's like Jim could see my post before i wrote it :chin: I'm not trying to be bitchy, my head hurts too much for that, i just think this thread isn't doing him any good.
  • Options
    Box wrote: »
    Whats right with it? Fecking sad act career imo. I used to do it part time, an couldnt stand it.

It is better than nothing though.
  • Options
    It is better than nothing though.

As a job. Not sure why anyone would want to make a career of it though.
  • Options
    right now I'd be happy with any job. :yes:
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

Its amazing/funny that you would consider that offensive, since nothing actually offensive seems to bother.
This discussion has been closed.