Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

For anyone that cares, a bit of news

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I just think you need to stop hiding behind your accomplishments and use more of your personality.
    Jomery, may I suggest watching this film to you? That man's a fucking God of cinema, and people like your "social circle" are his main point of interest.
    Calvin wrote: »
    You seem to be trying to be someone your not.

:thumb:

100% in agreement.

Ambition is good and proper, and I can assure you that a lot of people on these forums have a shitload of it. However are you really doing what you're doing because you're ambitious or are you trying to pursue something you think makes you shit hot?

If you were genuine, you wouldn't have all these complexes because of what you are doing/not doing.

I'm hoping to enter a sector with a ton of direct responsibility for human lives and thus pays well, but I'd never do it if I wasn't interested in the job itself or would it occur to me that I was any better than my friends for being entrusted with this kind of work. I'm not -I just chose a different route than they did to seek satisfaction.
    I'd rather go clubbing with my mates that may not have any particular education than spend time with people like bankers. Having some background in business, I still wouldn't enjoy discussing these subjects on a night out because it's always so effin' fake to listen to. I'd rather go dance with that flaming hot construction worker who doesn't mind his clothes getting a bit crumpled. ;)

Real authentic successful people don't need to fake it to make it. That's how it has always been and that's how it will always be. Well, if you forget Paris Hilton. ;)

Btw, did you meet the girl this weekend like you said you would?
    I just think you need to stop hiding behind your accomplishments and use more of your personality.

Give me a someone with a decent caring personalilty who can make me laugh any day rather then a shallow, image/money obessed eejit.

Jomery: Whats wrong with being an accountant anyway?
    Whats wrong with being an accountant anyway?

What's right with it? :yuck: :p
    What's right with it? :yuck: :p

You probably wouldnt get paid without one maybe? :p
    You probably wouldnt get paid without one maybe? :p

I do payroll. :p

Nah, it's just that it's one of those fake jobs isn't it? It's one of those jobs that only exists because everyone's forced to have one. Lawyers are another one of those. Incidentally, so is my job to some degree. But I admit the pointlessness of my job.
    I do payroll. :p

So do I, but you know what I mean.
    Jomery wrote: »
    Surely it suggests how ambitious you are as a person? But oh yeah, ambition's a dirty word around here..

Quite the contrary, pal.

When it comes down to it, ambition is what you make of it.

Some people have the ambition to be the perfect family man (or woman). Some people have the ambition to 'make a difference' in the world - hence tree-huggers etc. Some people have the ambition to be successful in business.

What MOST people are able to to, however, is balance their ambition with the rest of their life - hence leading something approaching normality. Check your PMs.

G.
    My ambition is to be a really great person.:thumb: :D
    I actually feel sorry for this guy,its like hes living in some weird apprentice crossed with the oc reality.:chin:
    Honestly, Jomery reads exactly like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.... :nervous:
    Honestly, Jomery reads exactly like Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.... :nervous:

:lol:

You'd think I'd be over the moon given my thread, the psychological need to get rid of those 'virgin-lips' plates. To be honest I don't feel a thing. I should feel so happy that I can no longer claim I'm 'completely unfanciable' and have 'never kissed a girl'. But a) she was 16 (doing GCSEs!) and not that attractive, feel given my looks/status I ought to do better like everyone else of my calibre does, and b) she was a crap kisser! As if it was her first time, lots of feeling teeth/her sticking her tongue out/slobbering - it's actually felt nicer to just be kissed on the lips by girls who see me as a close friend.

Mate, I don't think your in any position whatso ever to start critizing others. you seem to have quite a high opinion of yourself and you come across as pretty self-centred so maybe thats why in all your twenty three years you haven't had any luck. If you're really as good looking and special as you make yourself out to be, you're personality is probably putting a lot of people off. Maybe i'm out of order saying this but at least im honest.
    Mate, I don't think your in any position whatso ever to start critizing others. you seem to have quite a high opinion of yourself and you come across as pretty self-centred so maybe thats why in all your twenty three years you haven't had any luck. If you're really as good looking and special as you make yourself out to be, you're personality is probably putting a lot of people off. Maybe i'm out of order saying this but at least im honest.

:yes: This does seem about right.

Jomery - is there nay reason why you're so obsessed with getting a girlfriend/losing your virginity? And has it ever occured to you that people who claim to have lost theirs at 14/15 could be lying?
    For the industry I'm involved in and life I live, image matters a lot. The upmarket clubs I go to, if you're not attractive or classy enough you don't get let in, simple. And the 'calibre' concept is simple - I am a not-bad-looking, high-class person with good job prospects, and therefore surely my 'match' would be someone of similar calibre? In London there is heavy inter-dating between attractive bankers, lawyers, young doctors etc from Oxbridge and London universities. You also get a lot of respect amongst peers/clients if you're out with a stunning girlfriend, and you'd be laughed at if you're with a minger. Sorry but that's the way it is, you may find it odd if you live somewhere else in the country where image isn't so relevant, but for where I am it's essential.

All my male and female friends are attractive and high-calibre, you don't get let into the VIP rooms at Movida or Chinawhite if you're unattractive. And it's not unreasonable to think that girls I get should be an "equal match" rather than someone much less attractive etc than myself.

So if everybody who goes to these Special Clubs are so attractive, then what the fuck was a 16-year-old school girl who is according to you unattractive doing there?
    So if everybody who goes to these Special Clubs are so attractive, then what the fuck was a 16-year-old school girl who is according to you unattractive doing there?

I think he's just trying to prove to his 'friends' that he can pull someone.:yeees:
    It's not about money at all, it's about prestige/status -

I don't know what makes you think that. I'm with g-angel here. I rather go to pub, club, other parties, instead of 'yuppie-club' with a dressing code, and beverages for >7? (or pound in your case).

Sounds very much like the sad and lonely prince in his castle, whereas the peasants and commoners go apeshit at the local party.

Maybe I now have a better grasp of the saying, that money doesn't equal happiness. It's not the money itself, but the stuck-up over-expecting demeanor you develop to fit into somewhere you do not belong.

The only ones you can impress with your wealth and your prestige are those who are going to suck the money straight outta your wallet, and just stay as long there is more to come.

Moreoever do I think - what others said - you are trying to hard to be something you aren't. All you want is a girl as a hood ornament. you want to create a false front of how prestiguous you are, how drop-dead gorgeous your partner is, how well you dress, how much money you can spend on an evening. Yeah, go ahead and drink your 200pound champagner in your high rated club with people who ridicule you, because you do not have the newest technical gadget that was released today.

I rather go to the gas station, have 2 beers and go then to a normal nightspot and meet people that do not care if my sweater is cotton or cashmere. You are in the wrong lobby, mate, and it will sooner or later make you very depressed and miserable.
    Lacy wrote: »
    We get laid, we're happy. Shame you can't see past the superficial life you've created for yourself. You'd probably be a lot happier if you did.

We ???

Have you seen yourself .. you're stunning .. The fact you get laid probably has a lot to do with the fact you're way hotter then most girls I've seen.

As for the original poster - chances are that 16 year old girl is a lot more experienced then he is ... he's doing at 23 what most peope probably did at 15 .. He probably doesn't put things inthe right way on the message board but I can understand some of where he's coming from.
    LondonGuy wrote: »
    We ???

Have you seen yourself .. you're stunning .. The fact you get laid probably has a lot to do with the fact you're way hotter then most girls I've seen.

As for the original poster - chances are that 16 year old girl is a lot more experienced then he is ... he's doing at 23 what most peope probably did at 15 .. He probably doesn't put things inthe right way on the message board but I can understand some of where he's coming from.

Lol i'm not stunning, and theres plenty of people on here getting as much sex as me :)

But thanks ;)
    Perhaps the problem is that there's no room for anybody else in the relationship with you and your ego...
    For anyone that cares, a bit of news (and yes I'm posting on the "wrong" thread, because "my" thread has been locked).
    Pulled a girl tonight for the first time ever in my 23 years. Listened to the advice of just going ahead and making a move, nothing to lose. Started dancing with her, she was (surprisingly!) really responsive so I was pretty confident and we started pulling for the next hour. Asked if she wants to see me again she said yes, will be doing so this weekend.

You'd think I'd be over the moon given my thread, the psychological need to get rid of those 'virgin-lips' plates. To be honest I don't feel a thing. I should feel so happy that I can no longer claim I'm 'completely unfanciable' and have 'never kissed a girl'. But a) she was 16 (doing GCSEs!) and not that attractive, feel given my looks/status I ought to do better like everyone else of my calibre does, and b) she was a crap kisser! As if it was her first time, lots of feeling teeth/her sticking her tongue out/slobbering - it's actually felt nicer to just be kissed on the lips by girls who see me as a close friend.

I think I'm pleased for you but as you're not pleased yourself I'm not sure I should be.

As much as I can relate to you in what you've said in the past, you've come across as a right bell end again and very very shallow indeed and it's not nice to read.

Don't wanna be accused of hijacking the thread but on a personal note, after my football teams quite remarkable 7-2 victory in League 2 yesterday, I went out for some drinks and ended up pulling as well for the first time. She was completely bladdered and probably wouldn't have gone near me if sober but I didn't mind, lol. She was very pretty and after about 15 minutes of snogging it was the end of the night and she was that bladdered that she could barely stand so I made sure she got into a taxi and the driver knew where she was going before jumping in my own with my mates.

I was buzzing after it I might add and I felt about 12 stone lighter with the weight lifted off my shoulder.
    Sounds very much like the sad and lonely prince in his castle, whereas the peasants and commoners go apeshit at the local party.

I seem to be what I'm not, you see.
    Good on ya BarmyArmy :D It's also good to see that you were responsible enough to put her in a taxi, and not take advantage of the fact she was totally wrecked (even though i'm sure you wanted to ;))
    BarmyArmy wrote: »
    Don't wanna be accused of hijacking the thread but on a personal note, after my football teams quite remarkable 7-2 victory in League 2 yesterday, I went out for some drinks and ended up pulling as well for the first time. She was completely bladdered and probably wouldn't have gone near me if sober but I didn't mind, lol. She was very pretty and after about 15 minutes of snogging it was the end of the night and she was that bladdered that she could barely stand so I made sure she got into a taxi and the driver knew where she was going before jumping in my own with my mates.

I was buzzing after it I might add and I felt about 12 stone lighter with the weight lifted off my shoulder.
    :):blush: :hyper: :yes: :yippe: :thumb: :D;) :cool: :naughty:
    go_away wrote: »
    Brilliant, my life summed up so close to the bone in a minute!!

To be honest I'd rather be "the great pretender", someone who everyone assumes is a legend, happy, living the dream life, with insecurities I've splattered across this forum hidden from the public, than someone who's personally happy/content but nobody sings praises about. Life's too short, so I wouldn't mind going down in history a bit on paper rather than being the guy hidden in the wallpaper.
    Then that's your choice. Have your friends sing your praises and think you're 'living the dream'. As you said yourself, you pay the price, and it says it all in the titles of the threads you post.

My dad died when he was 25. I was too young to know him, and people always told me what they admired about him. They didn't admire the fact that at the age of 22 he bought his first house, and drove around in a BMW. They didn't admire the fact that he took on the family business, despite having no academic qualifications, and turned that business around into a success. They don't speak of the fact that by going into property development, it would have made him a millionaire today.

They tell me he was a legend because he was brilliant with people, he was friendly, kind and a decent, loyal, honest human being that worked hard, and throughout anything, put the people he loved first. You said yourself, life's too short. I just hope for your sake that you wake up and learn what it's all about.
    Brilliant, my life summed up so close to the bone in a minute!!

To be honest I'd rather be "the great pretender", someone who everyone assumes is a legend, happy, living the dream life, with insecurities I've splattered across this forum hidden from the public, than someone who's personally happy/content but nobody sings praises about. Life's too short, so I wouldn't mind going down in history a bit on paper rather than being the guy hidden in the wallpaper.

But why?

You're NOT going to go down in history etc etc, you're just going to be another of 'THEM', my friend. You're/they're all of a much-ness and nobody much cares, contrary to your belief.

Why *think* that people give much of a shit about you, if you're pretty much empty inside, when your thoughts of yourself are always lacking? I just don't get it mate.

I've offered you a chance to chat about this, yet you've ignored it. I'm beginning to think this is a bit of bullshit.
    Most amusing one of the best wind up threads ever! :thumb:
    Harmless wrote: »
    Most amusing one of the best wind up threads ever! :thumb:

Lol i don't actually think it's a wind up.
    g_angel007 wrote: »
    You're NOT going to go down in history etc etc, you're just going to be another of 'THEM', my friend.
    I already am. I've been featured in The Guardian with the headline "CV to die for". I've been in my university's top 100 most eligible bachelors list, been featured by a magazine as a successful role model, and been featured in Tatler (magazine for high-society people). These things make me happy.

As for what go_away said, again people lead different lives, when I get fanmail it is particularly people respecting what CV-type accomplishments I have achieved for my age.
This discussion has been closed.