Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

It is right? Part 2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why are animals treated better than human beings?

Why do cattles etc travel in first class conditions while we are packed like sardines on trains?

Why do we spend millions on the medical care of pets, when people are dying from lack of food, water etc.

Have we got our priorities right? :chin:

Ref: Yesterday's Metro - "Africans treated worse than dogs"

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    seyi wrote: »
    On a relative scale they aren't. Animals in western countries are treated worse than humans in western countries. Animals in poor countries are treated worse than humans in poor countries. It's just a question of geography. If you put a starving child into the middle of London, they'd get picked up and taken care of. Hell, plenty of people work really hard to care for their children/parents, but it's harder to care about someone who you're never even going to meet, I guess. People often state that the RSPCA get more than the NSPCC, but I doubt that all the animal charities put together even come close to all the human charities (which includes everything from Oxfam to Cancer Research to Amnesty even though that isn't technically a charity).
    They aren't- other than perhaps euthanasia, which is the one area animals have it better than humans.
    Why do cattles etc travel in first class conditions while we are packed like sardines on trains?
    Because our rail network is piss-poor and it's run by greedy bastards. It's not the same elsewhere though.

Incidentally I wouldn't call cattle transport 'first class' by any means.
    Why do we spend millions on the medical care of pets, when people are dying from lack of food, water etc.
    Why not? There is plenty of money around for a bit of everything. Just because some problems haven't been solved it doesn't mean everything else should be abandoned.

If you're looking for millions to be spent on poverty there are far better areas from which to take them (nuclear missiles come to mind, amongst other things).
    Ref: Yesterday's Metro - "Africans treated worse than dogs"
    You should ask yourself how African dogs are treated compared with African humans...
    Sorry... This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe you could beef it up a little bit?
    They don't... Wtf are you on dude?
    Why does the EU spend more on ice cream than on helping people in the global south?
    Have we got our priorities right? :chin:
    In what sense? People of which society? In what context?

Could you perhaps make more sense? or maybe I am not interpretting this correctly, it's like the kind of questions kids ask when they're eight (obviously though 8 year olds don't read the Metro, they may read The Sun).
    Is it right Part 3

Why does seyi only post simplistic crap?
    Erm, I don't think the first thing on a cow's mind, when it enters the cattlewagon or slaughter house is "oooh, look at the first class accomadations!".
    Likewise, I don't think when someone gets on a train, and has the misfortune to have to stand up for half an hour is thinking "God, i'm worse off than a fucking cow, kill me now please".

Clearly you have never heard of veal crates, or seen how sheep are transported to the continent...
    Clearly you have never heard of veal crates, or seen how sheep are transported to the continent...

To be fair, it's still better than Easyjet.
    :lol:

Good point, although you do get a seat and toilet on easyjet...
    To be fair, it's still better than Easyjet.
    :lol: