Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

production of cocaine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
found this somewhat interesting!

linky!

Comments

• Options
    I read White Gold Rush in Peru on cocaine production, it was really interesting. One of the anecdotes told was the guy who had rented a mule to cart some acid through the forest. There was a leak and it cut the mule in half :eek:
  • Options
    That was interesting :yes:

I was suprised by how much the cocaine sells for once its been exported.

Might have to consider a career change :D
  • Options
    Shows you exactly why the war on cocaine will never be won, the people supplying the raw product are too poor to do anything else. That and the profit margins are so silly.

A kilo to produce is say £1,000 that will eventually sell in the UK, at about £40a gram, but of course that one kilo become three kilos when cut, so the £1,000 turns into £120,000.

The paste that he was turning into cocaine is what the farmer produces, to get to that level of purity, which is around the 70-75% mark all they will need is the leaves, some petrol and some sodium hydroxide (drain cleaner). I've wondered before why this paste doesnt turn up in the west, its smoke-able, and because its a paste it would be harder to cut.
  • Options
    Was thinking about this last night. There must be a way of forcing the exported price down. As an economist the obvious answer is to increase the supply.

It seems having cocaine illegal is what is keeping the price high and ensuring drug runners continue making huge profits.

I also watched City of God last night, so was facinated about the production, sale and all the other externailties to come out of cocaine production.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

It seems having cocaine illegal is what is keeping the price high and ensuring drug runners continue making huge profits.

I also watched City of God last night, so was facinated about the production, sale and all the other externailties to come out of cocaine production.

:thumb:

That's exactly the problem mate. As long as it remains illegal, the drug trafficers in Colombia can keep cutting the coke and charging stupid amounts of money, making tonnes of cash out of the addicts from the west to pay for their weapons, their war (half of Colombia isn't even government controlled) and for huge mansions e.t.c. The peasants do this because they are so poor and growing cocoa pays off ALOT more than banana's e.t.c. They're just trying to survive.

City Of God is an awsome film, did an exam on it for my Film Studies A2 exam.
  • Options
    Shows you exactly why the war on cocaine will never be won, the people supplying the raw product are too poor to do anything else.

:yes:
  • Options
    Why dont goverments pay for a produce huge quantities of cocaine, with the aim of flooding the market, which will in turn force down the price?

Once there is no profit in cocaine, people will move out of the business. As pill'ed mentioned aslong as their is huge amounts of money in the business, kids dont have many other options.

The current situation of trying to reduce the supply of cocaine is just forcing the price of cocaine higher, and making more money for the people involved. For as long as their are huge amounts of money avaliable in the production and transportation of cocaine then someone will be willing to produce and export it.

Just a thought :thumb:
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Why dont goverments pay for a produce huge quantities of cocaine, with the aim of flooding the market, which will in turn force down the price?

You might think that a flood of really cheap cocaine would do the West good, I certainly dont.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Besides, can you image the uproar if the government spent tax money on cocaine?
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote: »
    Besides, can you image the uproar if the government spent tax money on cocaine?

They spend lots of money pointlessly trying to stop it.