Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How low can the government go in thinking up new ways to Tax us?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_4530000/newsid_4534900/4534947.stm

I thought horses were supposed to be all eco-friendly?

A plan to tax poo has kicked up a stink in the horse industry.

The government is intending to bring in a law where horse businesses which use the animals' poo as fertiliser have to get a permit costing up to £500.

The plans, being introduced in July, will affect riding schools, training stables and other horse businesses.

Comments

• Options
    If it can be taxed, it will be taxed, seems to be Mr Brown and Mr Blair's personal mantra.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    If it can be taxed, it will be taxed, seems to be Mr Brown and Mr Blair's personal mantra.

I know but how can they get so low...

I'd ave thought this is about as eco friendly as things get and they still tax it.
  • Options
    Just heard on the radio, they're taxing the money strippers make from private dances. Apparently, they're classed as self-employed. I can just imagine them getting you to sign an invoice at the end.
  • Options
    They are tips and are declarable income - same as they are for taxi drivers et al.
  • Options
    Just heard on the radio, they're taxing the money strippers make from private dances. Apparently, they're classed as self-employed. I can just imagine them getting you to sign an invoice at the end.

I think that's fair enough - and anyway it's not going to be very hard for strippers to declare a lot less dances then they actually do.