Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

house share thingies???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically, im a student and when i graduate+get a job (fingers crossed), chances are i may end up working bout a 2 hr drive away from my parents house! so, i wana get my own place (i want to do this anyway).
my idea was to if i had to move away then id move into a house where people already live+rent a room (and obviously have access to kitchen/bathroom/living space), that way i save money and get to know people there and the new area, so if after the trial period in my job i ge taken on il know people+places and will then feel confident about living on my own (that and the fact that il have a more reliable income as the job has taken me on properly)

BUT - where can i find things like that?? near me now (nr liverpool) there are the odd few adverts in the local buy+sell, but how can i find+arrange something like that for in another county.....and at short notice (probably about 4 weeks - the notice il have to give my current job if i get an offer of another 1 further away)

ok, so my question isnt very clear, but thank you to those who've read it!
basicaaly how can i find out where rooms are being advertised in a non-local area?? websites would be good, but i aint sure what to search for!
thank you
L+C

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if you know the area, which I presume you do coz it's where you'll be working, look up the local papers for that area on the internet. or gumtree. Have a drive around the area, stop at all the local corner shops and look on the notice boards,a s wella s the ones at the back of the supermarkets. place you own ad for a room.
    I'd google 'house shares xxxxxx'
    xxxxxx being the name of the place you are going. Is the place your going near a uni -? if so i dont imagine you having a problem !
    katralla wrote: »
    if you know the area, which I presume you do coz it's where you'll be working, look up the local papers for that area on the internet. or gumtree. Have a drive around the area, stop at all the local corner shops and look on the notice boards,a s wella s the ones at the back of the supermarkets. place you own ad for a room.

Well, no, i dont know the area! its just that alot of jobs ive seen advertised are in this area, but i dont know it AT ALL!!! :no:
    also, if i do get the job, id only have the 4 weeks notice id have to give to my old job til i moved up there, so may struggle!

but thanks for the advice, il keep that inmind IF i get an interview and look while im up there!

Deceelpool - thanks, il google away!
    yeah, but, I mean you know the NAME of the area, coz that's where you're looking for work. So just google the town name and newspaper, click on the papers, find the ads section, hunt for room shares...
    katralla wrote: »
    yeah, but, I mean you know the NAME of the area, coz that's where you're looking for work. So just google the town name and newspaper, click on the papers, find the ads section, hunt for room shares...

ahhhh....i get you now! well ive had a look and that gumtree website is brilliiant!! thank you so much!

more suggestions welcome!
    www.spareroom.co.uk
    www.flatmateclick.co.uk

Those are rather good sites for finding house shares :)