Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

p60

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is there anyway of getting backed dated ones of these?

Comments

• Options
    If you've lost it companies cannot reissue them. You can write and request a pay statement for the year(s) in question. Best drop Joolyknockers a PM she deals with these things with her job and clear up any questions.
  • Options
    You can ask your company for a COPY of old p60's, but this may not be acceptable for tax offices/new employers. You certainly can't have them backdated unfortunately- the processing of payroll is very strict and it simply wouldnt let you create a backdated p60.
  • Options
    They shouldn't even dish out the copies really. A statement on company headed paper is acceptable for tax repayment purposes if the originals are well and truly lost. Depends on what you need it for really? Remember you only get a P60 if you are employed by the company at 5th April.
  • Options
    They shouldn't even dish out the copies really. A statement on company headed paper is acceptable for tax repayment purposes if the originals are well and truly lost. Depends on what you need it for really? Remember you only get a P60 if you are employed by the company at 5th April.
    It's for Incapacity benefit. I've emailed my old HR Manager to see what she can do.

Thanks people.
  • Options
    I think for Incapacity Benefit they will want details of the national insurance you paid rather than the tax. I guess a statement from the employer would be fine for their purposes - after all, if you had left before 5th April you would only have had a P45 and that doesn't show any national insurance information anyhow.

Hope you get it sorted :)