Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    That was a moving video, @Shaunie and the music was lovely. :)

I like Sigrid Raabe, and in this video she reminds me of our effervescent Sophie singing into her hairbrush this morning!
  • WnkicexaWnkicexa Posts: 2 Newbie
    queen - you don't fool me
    Just love this Taylor T5Z Custom. It sounds better the more it's used.

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    The TV
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Not usually my gig, but I can't get enough of this. The Middle by Zed and Maren Morris.
    Nom.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Also this:
    Cigarettes After Sex - Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby
    I play lots of Joni Mitchell's songs. Here is one of my very favourites of her's.
    Joni Mitchell - For the Roses

Someone said I look just like Joni when she was young. That really made my day. :)
    Girl busker with sax in London underground

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Phosphorescent - Song For Zula at Glastonbury 2014. Great band even greater when playing live, and Song for Zula is one track that's unforgettable.

Mirabelle said:
    Phosphorescent - Song For Zula at Glastonbury 2014. Great band even greater when playing live, and Song for Zula is one track that's unforgettable.

I cried listening to that. I'm crying now, remembering what was. :cry:

Except I found another version, actually a live studio recording at KEXP Seattle. It's much clearer because of the instruments' high definition sound during which was part of a full session which I'll share later.

For you, @Mirabelle

Perhaps when the time is right, could we get back together again? You, me and Sophie?

Please. :cry:

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Seriously enjoying This Feeling by Noisestorm at the mo.

Oh my gosh, the youtube window appears automatically now. :open_mouth:
    Mike said:
    I didn't know that. I just copy the track's url and paste it straight in and it works. =)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYM-RJwSGQ8

summer 2k14 .lol. reminds me of being with friends & literally getting high. not really the best of things to reminice
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    edited June 2018
    Mike said:
    I dont know how to get it to work :/.

Edit: now ive just realise the link i posted goes no where 🙃. Will try again....https://youtu.be/SYM-RJwSGQ8
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Mike said:

Edit: now ive just realise the link i posted goes no where 🙃. Will try again....https://youtu.be/SYM-RJwSGQ8
    @Shaunie if you're posting on your phone, pasting in the url may not work. Kinda sucks. :(
    Floxy said:
    Shaunie said:
    Mike said:

@Shaunie if you're posting on your phone, pasting in the url may not work. Kinda sucks. :(
    I cant find the url thing to post in on my phone. I found it on my laptop but it still just posted as a link
    Sting - Fragile

Which reminds me, I must get practising again on mine

• BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Loving this song at the moment, I wanna get better  <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02oBzHabfw
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    edited June 2018
    https://youtu.be/H6t_EsA2Z8M
    Love bastille. this didnt make it to their Wild World Album :cry:
    Post edited by Siena on
    The very talented Aldous Harding

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Loving this song at the moment, I wanna get better  <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p02oBzHabfw
    Was introduced to these guys a few years ago - they're really good!x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Leave a light on - Tom Walker
    Kids With Guns by Gorillaz. Throwback to the first CD I ever bought myself. :open_mouth:

I heard this on the radio and thought how lovely the intro was, playing in clarinet and later accompanied in vocals by Marc Almond and made me wonder, could I adpt that to my sax? Don't see why not. ;)

And then I heard that beautiful moving sweeping pad type sound and thought - ahh, that just had to be on that majestic keyboard, the Synclavier. Which I happen to have along with a Korg 800! =)

Wow. Just wow! Made my weekend listening to Soft Cell's masterpiece on what was later I discovered on You Tube - vinyl. Just had to save it. To re-compose, to practise for my busking. Because all our tourists at present are of that generation who'd remember Soft Cell. And love them.

• RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Mike said:
    Kids With Guns by Gorillaz. Throwback to the first CD I ever bought myself. :open_mouth:

Oooh a nice choice Mike! I'm a big Gorillaz fan myself. :D Are you looking forward to their new album?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    When in London I went to see Chloe Lowery in concert, so my affection for the singer naturally remained. One of my most favourite, but deeply sad songs of her's is called Change. Yeah, indeed. :/

Here Chloe is in concert with Yanni, in a sentimental performance taken from Yanni Voice album. The lyrics, by the way, are a must-read.

edited June 2018
    Riley said:
    Mike said:

Oooh a nice choice Mike! I'm a big Gorillaz fan myself. :D Are you looking forward to their new album?
    Have to admit, didn't know they were releasing one, but I'll look out for it now. :tongue: Good to see a fellow fan around!

Watched both Blade Runner movies with some friends on the weekend, and now I think I'm addicted to the soundtracks. Uuuh. So gooooood.