Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

life.

hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
so ive already posted two posts about my problems and it made me feel a lot better and so did the replies i got so i thought id just use this as a place i can just vent and not feel judged and actually feel like people care.

so anyways, i have times in my life where i just feel really really down and just hate life more than usual and literally dont wanna be here and the past week up to now has been just like that. i know exactly why i feel like that as well. ive already made a post about toxic friends so im not going to explain that again but that situation does contribute to me feeling like this. recently that friend has just been drifting away a lot more and her and this other girl have become extremely close which makes me feel very shitty and before anyone says you should tell her how you feel and all that, i dont want to because its not going to help anything. im just trying to hold on until i leave tht school which ive said before. also this girl and my friend have got boyfriends who are best friends so that makes them ultimately closer like a LOT. we have to hang around with them at lunch and break and i feel so left out because the lads dont speak to me and its just well awkward and i hate it. when me and each of these friends are alone its absolutely fine but as soon as we all go together its shit. also they all have multiple boyfriends and guys obsess over them and about 2 guys have liked me in my whole 4 years and theyre not even people i could ever have a thing with and its just depressing sometimes bc i feel really ugly and i feel like im never going to get a boyfriend. also i never go out and do stuff or get invited to do stuff at all so that depresses me too and idk i feel like this just sounds like im whining but all this really makes me upset and i feel so lonely all the time. i literally just sit in my room all evening every single day after school and its made so antisocial like i dont even want to go out places with my family. ughhhhh

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I do feel your pain when friends leave us to befriend others and such, leaving us feeling empty and wondering what did we do or say that was wrong? But some people can be fickle with friendships, hopping from one social group to another in the hope of finding the ultimate friend. Of course, that is never going to happen for them, but that is their problem not our's.

Social groups tend to change when we leave school or college and from college, on to university. People grow up and move on, but as we grow older, then we get to meet a new groupf of people and become friends. This is what I found since leaving my schooling last year to go self-employed. Still lonely, I joined a local group who hobby interests were the same as mine. Then I met and made new friends and they have remained.

I reckon you could do this, too. Depending what you enjoy doing. eg. outdoor activities such a mountain bike club, surfboarder's club or a hiker's club or even a martial arts club. Joining anything like these will help broaden your interests and help you make new friends, but importantly take your troubled mind off yourself. You will and I guarantee this, find more lasting happiness, and friendship and doing so will help you out of this hole of loneliness. I belong to a DIY club, and made friends with a dear old man who introduced me to a bricklayers and plasterer's course. And suddenly, my life became more interesting.  =)
  • Candlestick56Candlestick56 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    Hey Hannahxoxo,

I have those times too, where I feel really down about everything and it just feels like everything is shit, but the truth is that feeling always goes away. I read your post about toxic friends, so I can completely understand why that situation is making you feel like that. I think in general group situations are difficult because people change around other people and don't act the same as when you're alone with them. I know it's hard, but try not to compare yourself to them. You will get a bf. Also I think Floxy's comment about trying to join a club or something outside of school could be a really good idea. It sounds like that would help a lot with how you feel. Are you into any sports? Maybe you could try joining a local dance group, or martial arts or something like that? I do karate and I love the social side of it. Also a great way to vent frustration! ;)
  • hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Floxy said:
    I do feel your pain when friends leave us to befriend others and such, leaving us feeling empty and wondering what did we do or say that was wrong? But some people can be fickle with friendships, hopping from one social group to another in the hope of finding the ultimate friend. Of course, that is never going to happen for them, but that is their problem not our's.

Social groups tend to change when we leave school or college and from college, on to university. People grow up and move on, but as we grow older, then we get to meet a new groupf of people and become friends. This is what I found since leaving my schooling last year to go self-employed. Still lonely, I joined a local group who hobby interests were the same as mine. Then I met and made new friends and they have remained.

I reckon you could do this, too. Depending what you enjoy doing. eg. outdoor activities such a mountain bike club, surfboarder's club or a hiker's club or even a martial arts club. Joining anything like these will help broaden your interests and help you make new friends, but importantly take your troubled mind off yourself. You will and I guarantee this, find more lasting happiness, and friendship and doing so will help you out of this hole of loneliness. I belong to a DIY club, and made friends with a dear old man who introduced me to a bricklayers and plasterer's course. And suddenly, my life became more interesting.  =)
    hi! that sounds lovely! i would love to join a club of some sort but i live in quite a small town where theres not much to do and theres the case of who could take me because i cant drive and my parents work but ill look into it and see what i can do. thank you xx 
  • hannahxoxohannahxoxo Posts: 34 Boards Initiate
    Hey Hannahxoxo,

I have those times too, where I feel really down about everything and it just feels like everything is shit, but the truth is that feeling always goes away. I read your post about toxic friends, so I can completely understand why that situation is making you feel like that. I think in general group situations are difficult because people change around other people and don't act the same as when you're alone with them. I know it's hard, but try not to compare yourself to them. You will get a bf. Also I think Floxy's comment about trying to join a club or something outside of school could be a really good idea. It sounds like that would help a lot with how you feel. Are you into any sports? Maybe you could try joining a local dance group, or martial arts or something like that? I do karate and I love the social side of it. Also a great way to vent frustration! ;)
    hey! yeah true but it always comes back as well :((  yeah as i said to Floxy itd be a bit difficult as theres not much choice where i live and transport would be an issue. and theres also the fact that i dont have many interests! i will look into some things though. thank you x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Check out your local area on Google Maps, find the nearest town that could have some hobbiest groups or even a martial arts, and then see if there is a bus that goes there, what time etc. Or, get a taxi if it's not too expensive.

Are you old enough to rent a scooter or moped? Or, how about you buying an inexpensive bicycle? There are some good bargains in Halfords, even Amazon or you could get lucky and buy a second-hand one like I did. Does Friday Ad still come out? That's a good start, or check out gumtree  online.