Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

bed wetting

joannejoanne Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
hi there iam 17 y/o i still wet the bed i been to the doctors had test done took tablets tried a bed wetting alarm but still wetting  is there anyone esle who are haveing bed wetting nightmares out there anyone got any tips to try i tried  going a wee befor bed cutting out drinks ect 

Comments

• nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey Joanne,

Sorry that you're experiencing this right now, a lot of others are probably in the same position as you right now too.

It's also great that you've seen your doctor about this, but if the tablets/ treatments are not working for you perhaps you could go to see your doctor again? Would that be an option?

-Nish
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hiya Joanne,

Just checking in with you to see how you are. 

Sorry your struggling with bedwetting. I understand how difficult it must be. I'm 29 and I wet the bed. I have medication that does help. Sometimes it's about finding the right medication for you which will help.  

I understand how difficult it is, your not alone.

Do take care,

Keep posting if you need too. 

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • joannejoanne Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    thanks for getting back to me iam booked in to see the doctor in the morning  i will let you know how it goes thanks 
    edited June 2018
    went to the doctor this eve took  my older sister along for some support   saw  the doctor  she tested  my wee which came back okay shes  given me some tablets to try which are ment to cut the urine down that i make when i sleep and help me stay dry of a night she also booked me up to see someone on monday at the bed wetting clinic at the hospital  where they will give me a bed wetting alarm to try for a 2nd time ect 

i will keep you upto date 
    Post edited by Aife on
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey there joanne it's great to see that you've been to the doctor about this, hopefully the tablets she gave you will do the trick! Let us know how you get on with them. :)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    hi all just a little update  i went to the hospital today along with my mum had a chat with the doctor  got given a alarm to try and got to go back in 2 weeks time to see them   on sunday and today i was dry  the 1st time in my life ive had a dry bed hope the pills carry on working 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    joanne said:
    hi all just a little update  i went to the hospital today along with my mum had a chat with the doctor  got given a alarm to try and got to go back in 2 weeks time to see them   on sunday and today i was dry  the 1st time in my life ive had a dry bed hope the pills carry on working 
    That sounds hopeful:)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Joanne, 

That's really great to hear :) And really well done for reaching out for support and going to see the doctor. It's not easy to do at all. Do keep us updated with how things are going. I hope your next appointment at the hospital goes okay. 

- Aife

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really positive to hear about that. 

I am also on medication and it's amazing. So happy for you
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    just a update  went along to the hospital today all went well i still been haveing dry nights  so  going to give back the alarm and ive got to carry on takeing the medication but as i say ive not had one single wet night so iam happy with this my mum is going out this weekend to get my a new bed happy days iam also  going to my 1st ever sleep over at the weekend too thanks all 
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    joanne said:
    just a update  went along to the hospital today all went well i still been haveing dry nights  so  going to give back the alarm and ive got to carry on takeing the medication but as i say ive not had one single wet night so iam happy with this my mum is going out this weekend to get my a new bed happy days iam also  going to my 1st ever sleep over at the weekend too thanks all 
    So glad to hear things have worked out and the medication is helping! Have fun at the sleepover! :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    Thanks had a great. Night last 
  • GioPannoliniGioPannolini Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi
    I don´t want to open a seperate thread since I found this old one. My problem is a missing link (nerve) between bowel/bladder and my brain. I am incontinent since birth and got lots of baddest experiences therefor. At school, on playgrounds or being out with Papa and/or Mama. For a teenager it seems be the worst case szene still need diapers. But I learned to deal and maybe I can give some advice to others in same situatione. B)
  • ChrisMChrisM Moderator, Staff Posts: 43 Boards Initiate
    Hi @GioPannolini Thanks for being so open and honest and for offering help. it is always useful for our community who might have had similar experiences to know they are not alone.