Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fancy a £20 Amazon voucher?

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

We're looking for people to be part of a small group discussion about what the challenges your age group face when managing money, especially in times of transition such as starting your first job, going into study, receiving government help, or moving out of home. We're holding both face to face discussions here at Mix HQ, as well as an online session in one of our group chat rooms.

Did I mention that everyone who attends will get a £20 Amazon voucher? :yeees:

Here are the details:

Online session:
· Wednesday 9th of May (tomorrow)
· 6:30pm-8pm
· Online details will be sent to your email prior to the chat

Face-to-face sessions:
· Saturday 12th May
· 11am-1pm (16-18 year olds), 1:30-3:30pm (19-25 year olds)
· Details will be sent to your email prior to the chat

And we would love it if you would invite some friends. We are offering an extra £5 referral reward on your amazon voucher. This means if your friend signs up and attends you will receive a £25 amazon voucher and your friend will get a £20 amazon voucher for their attendance – win win.

If you are available to attend the online session, please complete this form. If you want to come along to a face-to-face session, drop us a PM. :thumb:

Thanks all,
Mike
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Hi - @Mike i signed up for this evenings chat. When will i get further information such as password for the room?
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Ignore ^^^^

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Heya!
    Thanks for that chat! - was interesting and enjoy it

The Mix wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Did I mention that everyone who attends will get £20 Amazon voucher?

Sorry. Feel really awkward or rude to ask...but just wondering if that was just for face to face session?

Either way enjoyed the lil discussion:)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Heya!
    Thanks for that chat! - was interesting and enjoy it

Sorry. Feel really awkward or rude to ask...but just wondering if that was just for face to face session?

Either way enjoyed the lil discussion:)
    Glad you enjoyed it!

Nope, the voucher was for the online session as well. If no one has been in touch, I'd be happy to chase this up for you. :)

Mike

We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    I haven't got mine either so maybe they are just taking a while to send them out.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Me neither
    Okay, so it looks like that process just hasn't begun yet. Let me know if you still don't hear anything by next Wednesday and I'll chase this up. :)

Thanks guys,
    Mike

edited May 2018
    Hey again folks,

Just an update to say I've spoken to my collegue about this - you should recieve emails about the Amazon voucher within the next day or two. It hasn't been forgotten. :wink:

Cheers,
    Mike

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey Mike, 

Not sure if they haven't got my email as I haven't received my voucher yet?  

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Hey @Laine

There was a slight delay in sending these out. We ran one final chat a couple weeks ago so they were waiting for all the chats to be finished so they could send them out in one batch. They should be sent out very soon within the next few weeks! 

Thank you for being so patient!

- Aife

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Oh okay that's fine then Thanks very much Aife!  Just wanted to make sure and not at all come across as desperate :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
This discussion has been closed.