Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

RIP Grandad

starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
My grandad passed away just after 5pm this afternoon. We got a call from the nurse around 3pm saying that he wasnt going to last the day and so I went into the care home with my dad and sister to say goodbye but he passed a few minutes before we arrived. In a way i am glad that he passed before i got there so i didnt have to see it happen but would have liked to have been able to say goodbye. It was one of my first dead bodies i have seen and was a shock, i cant get the image of him laying in that bed out of my head :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I am so sorry for your loss. Losing someone you love in the family is such a hard thing. My heart goes out to you and your family.

As time goes on, the image of your grandfather will be replaced by happier memories which will come flooding back, though it will be completely natural for you to cry which is all part of the grieving process.

All I can offer you is my friendship here where you can private message me or, on my email if you want. I will always be there for you Esme, trying to comfort where I can for I'm no stranger to grief. It is such hard place to be in.

Think of the happier times you spent with your grandfather. He will have kept the memory of you in his heart, of that I am sure.

My love to you as your friend,

Mandy
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Im so sorry for your loss :crying: sending hugs!!:heart:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Thanks @BubblesGoesBoo[/USER] and [USER="103773"]Floxy It means a lot xx
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    So sorry to hear that Esme17, I went through similar last year when I lost my Nan - that image wouldn't leave my mind for a while, but it has now.
    It gets better *hug*:heart:
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Esme,

I'm really sorry for your loss - I'd like to pass on my condolences to you and your family. Here for you through this tough time if you ever want to talkx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Thanks @Lucy307[/USER] and [USER="102567"]Azziman :heart::heart: