Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Volunterring in a school.

2»

Comments

• FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hi All,

Just to let you know, that I have heard back etc... and I will be starting my Voluntary work in the school on this coming Tuesday. Excited, but nervous- with reception- nice unique opportunity.

Thanks all.
    In_me

That's great!! What a good news! Congratulation and when you start, tell us something about it :wave:

- Fran
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    HI ALL

Thank you for responding and all your lovely comments and wishes- I have read them all and will let you know how it goes... sorry I don't have time to individually say thanks but I thank you all Mirabelle, Azziman, Shaunie, Fran, and Alfe,

Thanks,

In_me
    Hey,

​So the volunteering yesterday wen't OK... It didn't go too bad, my anxiety didn't get in the way that much. I was able to quickly connect with the children and so did they.. So far all went well...

​Thanks for all your help.;)
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi there Invisible_me.

That's great to hear that everything went well the other day, looks like you got some really great advice from others users on the board and that's always great to see! :thumb: How are you doing at the moment, do you have any other volunteering sessions coming up soon? Let us know how everything goes!

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Invisible_me, that's really great!! How was it? What did you and the children do?
    I have had the possibility to experience these feelings myself: before starting something new you feel really anxious because you don't know what to expect from the others and from yourself, too, in a new situation. But as soon as you start, if you feel at ease, as you did, everything'll get smoother! ;)

- Fran
    Riley wrote: »
    Hi there Invisible_me.

That's great to hear that everything went well the other day, looks like you got some really great advice from others users on the board and that's always great to see! :thumb: How are you doing at the moment, do you have any other volunteering sessions coming up soon? Let us know how everything goes!

- Riley

Hi @Riley

Yes, thanks for your reply. And yes, I had a lot of help from others here :). I'm doing OK. Yes I have I will volunteer every Tuesday all day (8:30-3:30). Feeling OK, slightly nervous though.

Thanks,
    In_me
    Fran wrote: »
    Hi @Invisible_me, that's really great!! How was it? What did you and the children do?
    I have had the possibility to experience these feelings myself: before starting something new you feel really anxious because you don't know what to expect from the others and from yourself, too, in a new situation. But as soon as you start, if you feel at ease, as you did, everything'll get smoother! ;)

- Fran

Hi @Fran

It was fine. I was mostly on a table (one of the workstations) and helped the children on that. It was within the Early Years so you can make some presumptions.

IT is often quite true, you feel nervous etc... but in actual fact turns out not so bad.

Thanks,