Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chat break week (8th-15th of January)

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
giphy.gif

Hey all wave.gif

It's that time again! Our next chat break week is fast approaching. If you've joined us recently, you're probably wondering what the hell we're talking about.

What is a 'chat break week'?

Some of you will already know this, but for those of you who don't: roughly three times a year, we have a week where we take a break from running group chat sessions.

We use these periods as a chance to gather your feedback, review it as a team, and see if there are any changes we can make to the way group chat is currently run. We also use them as a chance to get more specific feedback on any projects we're working on - a good example of this is when we asked you guys what you thought of the chat guidelines and our new Tuesday GC during our last break in September. You can find the results for those here and here.

When do they happen?

Typically, these happen once in January, April, and August.

The next chat break will be the week of the 8th of January (returning the following Monday).

What will we be doing for this one?

We haven't decided yet, but once we're a bit closer to the time we'll let everyone know in this thread. Stay tuned! :hyper:

Cheers everyone,
Mike & the team
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    I feel a chat break is good because you staff need a break to refresh, and we who have been helped and supported can spend time going to work on the advice you guys gave. Also, holiday times are often during those months mentioned.

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    This might actually mean I get some studying done for my Prelims the week after... but at the same time no chat :(

But anyway thanks for letting us all know 😊😊
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    I swear the last one was only like a month ago :( oh well, guess it'll give me time to do some writing :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    I won’t feel lost what to do this time cause I’ll be traveling then! Won’t have the company of you guys when waiting at the airport to board the plane though :(
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Esme17 wrote: »
    I won’t feel lost what to do this time cause I’ll be traveling then! Won’t have the company of you guys when waiting at the airport to board the plane though :(

You could do because airports have a dedicated Wifi. The one you will be flying from does and is very good.
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone, just a friendly reminder that it's chat break week this week so we won't be running any chats until Monday 15th January 2018.

- Aife
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.