Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What would your advent calendar have?

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Just a bit of fun here if you could create an advent calendar what would you put in it and why.

For me you would still get chocolate 😆😆
But inside each door is a task for the day. Something that includes you helping/talking to others, doing something festive and spreading Christmas cheer
For example

1. Tell your parents/carers you love them
2. Say hello when passing an OAP (that might be the only thing someone says to them all week)
3. Watch a Christmas movie
4. Help someone in need e.g put some spare change in a charity box, buy a warm drink for the homeless person who sits on the corner, dothe washing up ha ha ha😂
5 make hot chocolate
6. Visit your grandparents (if you don’t already) They will more than likely love to see you.
7. Sing a Christmas song with a friend
8. Dress up in something Christmasy when you do your shopping.

You get the idea 😂😉 my reason for this is to get people in the mood and understand what Christmas actually means.

What would yours have and why.

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hmmmmm... let me think!

If it were me, I would probably go for a little self-care item everyday (not just beauty or candles btw). Things like bath bombs etc. Things people like to relax.

Oh and no advent calendar can leave out the chocolate - I'd need to have a couple of doors at least that still have chocolate in them!

I love your idea btw, I would buy that!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'll have to think on this for a while. Right now I'm not feeling wonnderful, but given a choice I'd say: "1. Tell your parents/carers you love them"
  • Stardust h2rStardust h2r Posts: 1 Just got here
    Hi, I think you're idea is stop on for creative thinking and a great way to start the day. I will need a bit of time to workout my calendar and post soon.