Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

Thought I'd join this place to hopefully help with my loneliness.

I have a full time job Monday - Friday which involved working in a busy office. When I'm not at work I follow football or play games, read the news etc to try keep myself occupied but I still feel very lonely a lot, it's been going on for a long time now. So I'm attempting to get more sociable I guess but I just didn't know where to start. So yes don't really know what else to say... :/

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey AJ!

Welcome to the boards :wave:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    TY !

I'm not sure where's best to post/ try talk on here, this section seemed a little quiet but wasn't sure where else to start.

What part of here is most active? It's hard to tell from my phone.
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi AJ

​Welcome to the boards!!

​It depends on what you want to talk about. For example if you would like a bit of support health and wellbeing might be a good place to go. Also Anything goes is normally for general chat type stuff. So it all depends on what it is you want to talk about. Try health and wellbeing because earlier you mentioned loneliness so that's a good place to start.

Speak soon

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    TY ! I have had a look around more and can see some places to start.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey! welcome to the boards :) :wave:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
    TY ! :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Heya, welcome to the boards. Im Eleanor, 14, it's great to have you here

As Abi said, it honestly depends on what you want to talk about. This is quite a quiet forum in the grand scheme of things so it's much more likely your posts will be seen and able to get support if you need it!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    TY!

The problem I'm having is I'm struggling to think of stuff to talk about. I always feel I sound dumb when I say this but it's like a feeling of wanting to talk and then having no words to say.
  • emilyjohnemilyjohn Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    Welcome to abroad, great forum I hope we learn more and knowledge.
    Welcome to the forum, A-J. Enjoy your time with us.

Julie
  • RayofhopeRayofhope Posts: 152 Helping Hand
    Welcome A-J, explore the boards and any question you have we are all here to try and help out.

Rayofhope:rainbow:
    Life doesn’t require we be the best, only that we try our best
    Im new to the group, so just saying hi, what team do u support :)