Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Webchat counselling!!

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Came on to find the helpline number and noticed that webchat counselling has gone up!! But "currently" closed but why oh why only 10-18year olds????!!!! please make it for up to 25year olds in this too!

Comments

• TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey @Lostsense!

Yep, so currently the project is aimed at 10-18 year olds. We're not entirely sure whether that's set in stone, whether it might change, etc. as it's still very early on in development. I'll do some digging and update this thread if/when I have a bit more info on how rigid that age bracket is, because I know you (and no doubt a few others) have been waiting eagerly for this. :)

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Just a cheeky placemark for any updates on this service. Noticed that referrals are closed due to lots of applicants too!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey both!

So just an update here. For now it will be just 10-18 year olds, but we may get the chance to open that up to more young people later down the line. We'll keep you updated where possible. :yes:

Apologies that wasn't the answer you were after, @Lostsense! You're more than welcome to refer yourself to phone counselling though, if that's of interest?

@independent_, webchat counselling referrals are now open. :)

Mike
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    That's great! As you know I'm 14 (15 Tuesday) so within the target group for once ;)
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”