Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Self Care

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey @Meggles, this thread is a great idea, thanks so much for making it. Self-care and taking some time to look after yourself is really important so here's a few more ideas:

- Make some popcorn and watch a funny film like Bridesmaids
    - Make a playlist full of up-beat motivational songs
    - Have a pyjama day and watch Netflix all day!
    - Also have to agree with you Meggles with the bathbombs!

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Aife wrote: »
    Hey @Meggles, this thread is a great idea, thanks so much for making it. Self-care and taking some time to look after yourself is really important so here's a few more ideas:

- Make some popcorn and watch a funny film like Bridesmaids
    - Make a playlist full of up-beat motivational songs
    - Have a pyjama day and watch Netflix all day!
    - Also have to agree with you Meggles with the bathbombs!
    I agree (Rare I know),
    ​My self-care is a bit different and harder but this is my list
    ~Reading
    ~walking
    ~Listen and play music
    ​~Play with a pet

Speak soon
    ​Abi.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
  • littlebabypandalittlebabypanda Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Blow bubbles
    Colouring
    Watching comedy shows
    Solving a Rubik's cube (geeky lol)
    Listening to uplifting music (The Middle by Jimmy Eat World!!!)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Reading The Mix guide to self-care was so helpful that I've printed the text in full colour and later will stick it on the fridge door. Since our fridge is in constant use by us hungry girls including Mum, it will be a good reminder to take time out for ourselves.

And make biscuits.
    :yum:
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Princesa wrote: »
    Reading The Mix guide to self-care was so helpful that I've printed the text in full colour and later will stick it on the fridge door. Since our fridge is in constant use by us hungry girls including Mum, it will be a good reminder to take time out for ourselves.

And make biscuits.
    :yum:

​Hey @Princesa, that's great to hear you found The Mix guide to self-care so helpful. Putting this on the fridge sounds like a great idea! :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At least my family have been reading it since returning from shopping, @Aife Now we can start making progress. :)