Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So my dad's girlfriend keeps overdosing and when she has a temper she's quite violent. I have a little brother that's aged 11. We are both affected as well as my dad. Where should I go to seek help?

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Burrellieee welcome to the boards, it's great to have you here. I'm really sorry to hear about what's going on at home. This sounds like a really difficult and overwhelming situation to be in. You're incredibly brave for opening up about what's going on and looking for more information and support.

There's some amazing support services out there that can help you so you're not alone. I've listed a few below:

Childline - help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. Whether it’s something big or small, their trained counsellors are there to support you. Childline is free, confidential and available any time, day or night. You can talk to them by calling 0800 1111, by email or through their 1-2-1 counsellor chat.

SupportLine - have a helpline that you can call on 01708 765200 for confidential emotional support about anything.

If you ever feel like you, your brother or another person are in immediate danger, call 999.

You mentioned that you and you're brother are affected by what's going on with your dad's girlfriend and he is too. Have you spoken to your dad or anyone else about what's going on?

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤