Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ride it out or sort it out?

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guy long time no speak.

Just lately I’ve been feeling so “meh” with a lot of things. It’s mainly late on night time same as now but I can feel ok/normal when I’m busy such as Work or engaged in something but other than that when I have time to think, something just doesn’t feel right I feel quite low and question my self. Something like Am I really happy in life?
(I am not suicidel)

I’ll admit it hasn’t been the best of years this time round I lost my nan in February

In all honesty I don’t even know what to say in this thread.

I have had the implant in recently so idk if that is possibly playing a role in my mood atm

I don’t know wether to see if it settles down since I’m not constantly feeling like crap or does it need looking into?

I know no one are medical professionals on here but yeah what do you guys think?

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey. Hope you are doing okay?

I completely understand what you mean about feeling low mainly at night. like you said, It is probably because you have nothing else you need to be doing then and so have more time to think. Is there anything you could do that makes you feel slightly happier during this time (watch a film, read etc..)?

Do you know what is making you feel this way? I know you mentioned losing your nan which must have been really hard for you and I’m very sorry to hear that!

I’m not too sure what would be best for you to do in the situation but i would say it would be best to speak to someone like your gp because they could tell you for sure if it does need looking into more and even if it didn’t, it would put your mind at rest a bit? I know how hard it can be seeing someone though so just make sure you do what feels right for you.

Remember you can also always come to the board to get support and to chats as well.

Let us know how things go? I’m sorry if this didn’t help at all, I think I rambled a bit but I tried... :)

Esme x
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey One-in-a-million,

Long time no speak indeed! It's good to have you back :)
    It's completely normal to have ups and downs with how you feel! I experience the same as you sometimes. When I'm not busy, I can sometimes feel low because it gives me the chance to overthink a lot of things! This doesn't necessarily mean that you should constantly be busy because it is important to be happy even when you're taking some time out or you're alone. If you find that it happens more and more often or for longer periods of time then you could consider speaking to someone who has more expert advice, but it's really good that you've identified how you're feeling and that you're aware of it!

In terms of the implant, as Esme17 said, it is probably a good idea to visit your gp and ask or call 111 and ask them there! If the implant does have an impact on mood then the GP can let you know if there is anything you can do about it.

But overall, if you feel like this isn't affecting you continuously maybe see how you're feeling in a week for example and if it persists, do check it out! Just remember, it is completely okay to have off days! We all go through crappy times emotionally and mentally; it's mainly a cause for concern when it persists and stops you from functioning normally in your day to day life :)

Have a great day :)

Drea:heart:
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Thanks guys I’ve actually been feeling quite a bit better since I posted this. I think I’ll keep an eye on it for now but may still look into the implant side effects

Thank you
    Thank you both

Ive actually been feeling quite a bit better since I posted this.

I think I’ll keep an eye on it for now but might look into the implant symptoms a bit more

Thank you Xxx
    Sorry it told me there was an error thats why there is 2 replies