Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tell Your Story - Do It Day

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

The Mix are looking for young people to share their stories.

What are we trying to do?
Young people get a bad showing in the media. Reports and surveys online indicate that the majority of media portrayal of young people is negative. Either it’s knife crime on the front page or it’s condescending storylines about hipsters and their supposed obsession with avocados and lattes.

The Mix, a charity that provides support for under 25s and The Drum, a global media platform , are coming together for Do It Day on the 16 November 2017 to create an alternative 6 o’clock news bulletin, produced with young people, for young people.

The bulletin, containing empowering stories about the strength of young people’s characters, will play out to an audience of over 18 million via The Mix’s YouTube channel and media and advertising.

Your Story
The idea is an alternative, positive news that tells a different kind of story about young people.

Have you got a story, an anecdote, an experience that you could tell the world about? One that contradicts the image of the youth of today as lazy, latte-drinking time wasters? Shout it out in a video and send it in.

Are you a vlogger who has taught yourself to be digitally savvy and effectively started your own business? Tell us about how that defies the negative storylines.

Is there a place, an idea, a conversation that would let the world know all the youth of today is capable of? Maybe it’s a story about a friend, or of a young person that inspired you. Tell us!

If you'd like to take part or have any questions, let us know by sending us a PM and we can put you in contact with the team running this.

Deadline for submissions are Saturday 4th November!

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hiya Aife and Mike!

i'd love to take part if my volunteer/youth work counts :)

Happy galloping! :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld