Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What should i do with myself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently, I have been thinking about things and it has been stacking up on my shoulders. I am not entirely sure what to do. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Hi,

First of all, welcome to the forums. Im Eleanor, I'm 14 and also a bit of an overthinker as well, so I know how you feel.

What kinds of things are you thinking a lot about?

It can help (it certainly helps me) to have certain things you do to relax when you'e thinking about stuff - things like maybe listening to music, watching a movie, or whatever you really like to do to take your mind off of things.

Also, The Mix run live chat sessions too including a general chat which is fabulous for distraction!

Take care,

- Eleanor
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey!!

I get where you are coming from with the overthinking. I do the same all the time!

I totally agree with Eleanor. The chats are a great place to get away from your thought for a bit or to get help so I would recommend them!

How are you today?

Esme x
  • Options
    vidhyavidhya Deactivated Posts: 75 Budding Regular
    Hey there @Zozo575 ,

I'm sorry to hear that! As @independent_[/USER] and [USER="101908"]Esme17 said earlier, overthinking is such an easy occurrence. Sometimes, (most times!) we can't even help it! May I ask what kinds of things are you thinking about that makes it feel like your shoulders are weighed down?
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Heey Zozo :wave:

What kind of things are you thinking about? Do you have anyone you feel comfortable talking about it with? some things that help me are like writing it out so to get it out of your mind. being outside helps too, i feel i can breathe easier. also if you cant talk about it to anyone, do you have a pet? i often talk to my cat about problems and honestly she's a great listener ;)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''