Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Music

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Anyone who doesn't know, I am a music student (Clarinet, piano and vocalist) and I really wanted to share a few song that mean a lot to me as musicians also sharing some of the hidden meaning behind songs.

I will start of with on of @Aife favourite songs, The Fight Song by Rachel Plattern, Rachel struggles to write this song it took over 11 years to write and she based it off how hard she found it to write the song and to me it really shows that you might make a little bit of progress and then you might go back on it, 1 step forwards 2 steps back type thing.

​The Killers - Mr Brightside was about relationships and how no matter what their is always a right. (cheeky thing I have noticed it doesn't use a double bass)

​Also I'm doing once a month I'm sadly being made to do battle of the Bands in college so after each battle I will post a review on here about the set list of songs and how it went on a band level and on a personal reason as I do suffer with anxiety, stress and burn out .

Randomly on I googles Clarinet players personalities and I found this - Clarinet players - If you play the clarinet then you're most likely to be strong, and strong-willed, skilled and talented, smart, and of course, romantic. The future is always in your past and the past is always in your future. As the same for flute players, watch out for the low brass section.

​Heres think if you want to know yours - http://www.jcbweb.com/Musical%20Humor/band_player_horoscopes.htm

I want to know if there is any songs you want to me to look the meaning up or find something about or even tell you what instruments are in it I will do.

​What is your favourite song and why?

​Abi X
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    I really like scars to your beautiful by alessia cara at the moment. I feel like it’s so relatable for me right now and reminds me that I shouldn’t try and change who I am because of things people are saying to me.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Mine is probably kids in the dark, by all time low.. I find it gives me hope, like I'm a kid in the dark and ill never surrender. I dont really know how to explain it but you'll understand when you hear it :hyper:
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Esme17 wrote: »
    I really like scars to your beautiful by alessia cara at the moment. I feel like it’s so relatable for me right now and reminds me that I shouldn’t try and change who I am because of things people are saying to me.

​Its great when you can relate to a song! I had to listen to the song as I haven't heard it before and its got some really powerful lyrics!!
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
    Mine is probably kids in the dark, by all time low.. I find it gives me hope, like I'm a kid in the dark and ill never surrender. I dont really know how to explain it but you'll understand when you hear it :hyper:

​It wasn't allowing me to comment both together sorry. Bubbles same again its got some powerful lyrics in the song!!
  • emilyjohnemilyjohn Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    I'm a lover of music and its my life, every time when ever i'm free, listening the song L'Algérino- Les Menottes (Tching Tchang Tchong) right now.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hiya :)

I have many songs that I use in difficult times, Blink 182 and Neck Deep along with some other artists are great when i'm feeling low, and I love artists such as The Chainsmokers for a good old pick me up or to keep me on a high :yes:
    (I have so many i'm sorry! :lol:)

At the moment i'd have to say as far as favourite songs that would be:

- Home is such a lonely place by Blink 182(I relate on quite a literal scale, home has always been lonely and it's always missed something and now I know what it is. This song helped me while I was confused on what was missing, and it now helps me when i'm missing what I need :))

- Gold steps by Neck Deep (This song is very powerful in lyrics if you can stand the cliché rather heavy pop punk beat. when I was starting college I was very confused about my future, now that i'm quitting i'm even more confused than ever on that aspect of my life. I've found myself going back to this song for closure, it reminds me to take everyone one hurdle at a time, and that it will all work out.)

- Wake me up by Avicii (This one has always been jam since it came out, the lyrics are so powerful and you can always relate to it as you go through your life)

I have so many more but I have to say hands down my favourite is pretty much any Blink 182 song as they have some powerful lyrics and reminds me of my childhood. music is one of my favourite things and often I find I can't communicate through words that well so music is my second language. I listen to waay too many genres as well so I have often toyed between making a thread to put my playlists in :d

Happy galloping! :rainbow2:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    @Laine
    Wake me up by Avicii has to be on of my faveroite at the moment. Have you heard lonely together by Avicii thats really good.

I love how we can all connect to a song and we all have pick me up songs as well.

Have a great day :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    @Abigail I didn't know you were a music student until now, and Rachel Plattern's Flight Song happens to be one of my band's favourite songs when we last performed in Valencia. As we are a mixed band of musicians playing piano and keyboards, clarinet, saxophone, violin, vocals and percussion, our repertoire ranges from Celtic Folk and Rock (The Waterboys' style) across to female vocal Trance, but my all-time favourite is actually an old track by who used to be a very close friend, Leo Sayer who wrote Orchard Road.

Orchard Road has an almost Baroque feel to it, and continues moving me to tears of happiness because Leo ends on such a note of joy.

Sadly, Jerry (Sayers) has emigrated to Australia. I miss him so much because knowing mum, he got me a leg-up into the music world.

I bought Hans Zimmer's Masterclass in learning to compose film scores. Presently my band is working with me to compose a type of Celtic Folk opera. I have a smilar setup in my music studio as Hans Zimmer, so composing on my compters in arranging music can see me away for hours.

Another song that we play is the heartstring-tugging song by Loreena McKennitt Never-ending Road. Her lyrics sum up all the friendships I have known; come and gone or drifted away, and now I am crying for them. And a little bit for me.

People come and go in our lives; sometimes all we need is a stepping stone, and a loving heart to accept what has to be.

~Julie