Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Finally got an interview, any advice please?

DistractionDistraction Posts: 449 Listening Ear
Hi, So I finally got an interview as a kitchen assistant in a pub, it's this Friday, anyone got any ideas on what to say or what would impress them? Would really, really appreciate it

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Distraction, congratulations on getting an interview. Wishing you the best of luck for it, let us know how it goes :)
    That article Aidan linked you to has some great advice and tips about job interviews that might be helpful to read through. This bit of advice is really good:
    Think of examples

Saying, ‘I’m a really creative person’ doesn’t make it true. But saying, ‘I’m really creative. I have a photography blog I update three times a week’ will make an interviewer trust you. If you’re really a ‘team player’ you’ll need to demonstrate it. What kind of team? And what did you actually do that made you such a great teammate?
    Before the interview, make a list of the questions you might be asked and work out how you’d respond with examples.

What helps for some people is to prepare some example questions and answers and practice reading through them. There's some great example questions on Prospects website here. It can also be good to think of a few questions to ask them at the end to show you're interested about the role :)

Best of luck!

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤