Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fmlfmlfml

SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Had a meeting with college. Told me I have 30 assisgments to do by August. But guess what it's okay because I dont have to turn up to college and ive become a distant learner and dont need to do work experience. Like um why am i a "distant learner" im not to anxious to come in, just writing it for your funding cause i wotn turn up. Just kick me of the course ffs

57 pass criteas i need to meet and start. Fml. I'm staring at my laptop, not knowing where to start. No one could give a shit about my mental health. I have the concentration of a 5 year old and no motivation. My familt think education is the omly thing that matters in life so i cant drop out. They think its more important then your health. How is this going work. Feel like opting out of life. I dont handle well with stress. I'm such a failure.
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    ...still staring at my white empty screen lol. Wrote the title now though 👏. Communicating you're struggling is harder then it sounds.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    3rd day staring at my screen. Going insane. Oh but no one cares. Lol. Tragic.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Ah I Meant the college don't care how much pressure it is and my family dont care either.

Thank you very much evie. I will try starting that.

30 assisgments and some resubmissions . Thats Like an assisgemnt every day til August can't even start one lol brill
  • Options
    KathleenKathleen Deactivated Posts: 49 Boards Initiate
    Hey Shaunie,

Wow! That sounds like a lot of work to have to do. I like evie's idea about bullet pointing your assignments. Particularly for essays, it makes it so much easier when you already have a general idea of what you want to say. What kind of progress have you made so far?

-Kathleen
  • Options
    No progress what so ever
  • Options
    I'm such a fuck up :):):)
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Shaunie,

How's it going today? Just remember that your wellbeing comes first before anything! Try to take it one assignment at a time. Focus on one job, try to do it, then take a break and then worry about the others after you've completed one. It can often become quite overwhelming if you think about all of the assignments at once which won't help! You're doing great, just keep going! We are all here if you need to talk!

Drea:heart:
  • Options
    Thank you Drea and Aidan !

I did part of assisgemnt yesterday which took like an hour to start . I really can't do it and it's going to be 2 years of stress wasted. And all I keep reading is a group chat of where everyone has completed the corse and really stressing me out cause im jealous lol.

I really dont know what to do .but i really cant be bothered to do anything or live. I've had enough of stressing, crying, and feeling sad & sorry for myself.
  • Options
    So stressed want to cry
    I haven't even got any further.
    Wasted 2 years.
    Won't even let me take another year to get it done.
    Can't be bothered
  • Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Shaunie,

Really sorry to hear what you're going through right now. The most important thing is that you do only as much as you can and that your first and most important goal is to make sure you are mentally happy! Here if you need us :)

Drea:heart:
  • Options
    I actually cant do this. Im to stressed and pressured and my family keep telling me they expected me to get distinctions not passes but i can't even get the passed and they're shouting.

I don't know what is actually wrong with me. I enjoy learning about it but i have no concention or motivation to write much. And my tutor isn't even emailing me back

I give up i'm getting no where In life
  • Options
    I feel soooo shit. My family was telling me this morning i need to do my college work right before i had to go to work. Like clearly im going to be moody anyway. And i just broke down and started crying and told them I cant concentration on my future and education when im trying to get by each day without killing myself. And adding more stress and emotions to how i already feel.

I felt like shit that they had to hear me say that and was really embarrassing. And then i come home from work for them to ask me again. Like they didn't hear what i jusy told them. Like where is your understanding or empathy.Clearly not just as simple as to do it. No one seems to be understanding and thinking ive not tried or tried to focus.

It makes me wonder of there is anything wrong with my mental health and this is shit life and I'm just using it as an excuse cause I'm really lazy and always going to be like this.
    Then if my life is just going to consist of not being motivation and seeing no point in life. Then I dont want it at all.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey Shaunie,

I just wanted to check in and ask how everything's going? How are you feeling today?

It sounds like there's a lot going on right now, it can be difficult when we feel our parents aren't listening to what we are saying. Are you getting any support at the moment with your work from college?

All the best,

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Feel like shit still. I had every intention to start today. But my Microsoft word won't let me log in. Didn't know i was even paying for it. What a great time for it to expire. Think telling me to give up.

It's a week til it's August and ive still got like 25 assisgments to do. I know it's not impossible but with my motivation it feels it.
    My tutors arent emailing me back when said would cause i need assisgments briefs cause some i don't even know what tasks to do cause i wasn't there but not sending them so how can I do it. Just randomly write about anything ffs.and tried ringing them but didn't work. Like how and who am i meant to even be sending my work to then - even if i get it done.

And feel like I've just realised I dont know what im doing with my life now im not going college. Can't be bothered to anything 😌
  • Options
    This is to much. Just kill me now.
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Shaunie,

25 is a lot and even with the highest motivation it may be a struggle, let alone when you're trying to sort through personal things as well. It's good to be conscious of what we're capable of and not hold ourselves to unrealistic standards - if you have a go and genuinely can't manage it then that's okay. It might not be ideal, but with everything we know you're dealing with it's understandable to be finding yourself stretched too thin.

How is everything going? Did you manage to get hold of any of your tutors?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    thank you:yes:
    my tutors still havent got back to me :rolleyes::no:
    its august but dont know when in august cause wont get back to me but my family just keep asking me to do it when i cant be bothered and wont be able to even if last day of august. and i see no point because i will only get a pass i dont think that will get me that far idk its level 3 but like probably wont mean much anyway:crazyeyes :confused::chin:so dont even see the point.:rolleyes::(
    Think im actually gunna cry next time speak about it. doing ma head in:banghead::banghead::banghead: like leave me fuck alone for one dayOld Mad:crying::crying::crying::banghead::mad::(:crying:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Work over the summer is so so annoying. I currently have to do a lot too (hopefully getting into uni next year) and it often feels like the pressure is way too much. What I find helps is writing a checklist on a whiteboard then putting it up in my bedroom: then you get a slight bit of satisfaction when you've done something (even if it's small. Work on small bits of the assignments and go back to it for a little bit each day or each couple of days - perhaps you find this may help. Or maybe get a tutor to help you through it? Another thing that helps me is the fact literally thousands of other people are going through it too. This doesn't devalue your stress but it reassures you that you're certainly not alone in work struggles.
    Remember it won't be like this for a long time so just plough on!

Good luck x