Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Confused and curious about being trans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I am gay and recently ive been dressing as a woman and loving acting like a woman and i'm a bit curious about being transgender. Like i just want some peoples advice and opinions on the subject as a whole?

Comments

• micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hey Kaitiiia,

Welcome to the boards! It's great to hear that you are able to question and honour your sexuality. We have a few articles on The Mix that might be helpful and/or interesting to you about being LGBTQ. You can find them here and here. We've seen some interest by other members of the boards around LGBTQ recently, so hopefully others will chime in and give their advice/ opinions to you :)

Have a lovely day,
    - Mica
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah i do feel more comfortable as a woman, however im not very confident about going out as one. Ive never given a shit about what people think because im gay but being a woman in public kinda scares me because ive never been out as one before. I just don't know if im a little gay boy or a little straight girl xD haha
    Also if anyone wants to private message me whos trans id love to talk
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hey there and first off welcome to the boards i hope you find them helpful :) i'm an openly trans male so i'd be more than happy to send you a message and see how i can help, it can be confusing over whether you are or not and ultimately it is up to you to work it, do you like to do it full time? :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    I'm happy to be messaged about this if you want a hand exploring gender identity - it can be super confusing.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey everyone - just a quick message to say I've moved this to our Gender & Sexuality forum.

Worth bearing in mind too that the great thing about using open threads like this is that you can hear from lots of people.

How are you getting on @Kaitiiia? :)
    Hi,

My partner is transgender so I can offer some advice from that point of view. It's important to remember that gender is a spectrum and maybe one day you feel comfortable dressed as a woman and other days you won't.

My partner is a binary trans person but before he came out as trans he thought he was a lesbian. I think you just need to explore your feelings, do you like men as a gay man or do you like men as a straight woman? It can be a long road to find out who you are, but keep doing what makes you happy and don't worry about a specific box to fit in for now.