Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anorexic and Pregnant:

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So on my recent post it shows that I'm pregnant again due to unfortunate situation that happened just over 5 weeks ago. Also back in March I was diagnosed with being anorexic.

​Anyway I'm in a dilemma because next Saturday my Brownie leader has asked me to attend an event with some of the Brownies where there is going to be food and I have a problem with eating food in public due to being anorexic as eating too much makes me feel sick. I don't know what to do because the Brownie leader iis unaware about me being anorexic so she probably will expect me to eat like everyone else but at the same time I cant tell her.
Also by time it gets to next week my bump is likely to become noticeable and I'm worried that the Brownie leader will say something. I cant tell her about being pregnant because she will then ask questions and I cant tell her how its happened ect. I'm gonna try and hide the bump with wearing baggy clothing in the hope she wont notice anything is different. I'm worried she will say something cause in the past she has said about my weight.

Need advice

Comments

• Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Aidan. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I will wear baggy clothing for the time being. Yeah I am in 2 minds about the child still and I know I need to take time to think about the right thing to do but at the same time the earlier I have abortion if that is what I decide the easier it is. Yeah being anorexic is hard and I know it's not gonna be good for the baby. I'm trying to get through it but it's not easy and I know it's bad because of what I've been through before. I'll have a look at the stuff online thanks. Yeah that sounds a good idea for the Brownie thing thanks. Thanks for saying you are always here for me. I am always here for you too
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi Lura sorry to hear this, how would you feel about saying you don't feel like eating as you ate before you came out? Or prehaps say you have a bit of stomachache?

I think wearing baggy clothes is a good idea like Aidan said it good to have a think about what you would like to do before making any sudden decisions.
    Hi One in a million. Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm gonna have to say something like that as I really can't eat in public. Yeh I'm gonna wear baggy clothes in the hope she doesn't notice. Yeh I will have a think about the decision I'm going to make
    Just remember the dessison is totally yours don't let anyone persuade you to think ine option is better than the other because only you can decide what is best.
    Hi one in a million. Yeh I will think about the decision and make sure it's my choice. Replying to my PM when u can
    That's good to hear and I will do hun