Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bulied at school

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi my name is Jason and I get bullied at school a lot by guys in my grade and in higher grades as well, some girls do as well but it’s mostly guys. It started when I was in grade 6 because I started doing stuff that I’m not supposed to do and now I do it every day and people at school know. I have tried to stop but I can’t because the bullying makes me do it even more but I don’t think it’s a reason to get bullied in the first place. It’s really unfair and it makes me feel bad a lot even though I pretend it doesn’t.

One of the biggest bullies is a guy in grade 10 and he is always yelling stuff at me, pushing me and stealing my backpack and looking in it. Some days going to school is really hard because I just want to stay home but I’m not allowed and my parents think I am making it up. I never pick on anyone at school because I know how much it hurts but lots of people don’t care at all.

Does anyone else get bullied because of the things they do and if you got the bullying to stop how did you?

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi Jason, bullying is not okay!!! Have you told any adults at school about it?
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Jason, bullying is not okay!!! Have you told any adults at school about it?

yeah but they don't do anything about it
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi Jason.

It's really sad to read this:( I can't say i understand how you feel to give you ways to cope but it must feel so so horrible:(
    The school should have some policy on this.
    It's heart breaking to know this still goes gone.
    But you have to know it is completely wrong and they are completely pathetic for doing it and youre very strong to be still going to school.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Hi Jason.

It's really sad to read this:( I can't say i understand how you feel to give you ways to cope but it must feel so so horrible:(
    The school should have some policy on this.
    It's heart breaking to know this still goes gone.
    But you have to know it is completely wrong and they are completely pathetic for doing it and youre very strong to be still going to school.

I'm not going to let them win
    Absolutely do not let them win! I agree with Shaunie, the school should have some policy on anti-bullying. I don't quite know how things work over in Australia though. Aidan is absolutely right too, be the bigger person! Don't show them it get's to you.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    I have been ignoring the bullies at school and 1 of them has stopped but the others haven't. I don't think its fair to get bullied all the time just because of the stuff you do especially if its not hurting anyone else.
    Absolutely. It's not fair.I agree on that one!!! Your post is actually quite sad to read as it's sad to know this still goes on and the school aren't doing anything for you. Surely they should have a policy? But good for you for ignoring them!
    One of the guys that used to bully other people but stopped is standing up for me and he thinks its good that I'm ignoring the ones that still do. He thinks it shouldn't matter what people do if its not hurting anyone and he likes the thing that I do. He even dares me to do it now
    The bullying at school isn't as bad since I started ignoring them so its working. I also told some guys that I don't care if they know I do it in my undies and they have told other people so now they know I don't care what they think.
    Umm.. Glad bullying it not affecting you
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Well its still gets to me sometimes but its making me stronger as well so after a whiles it not going to hurt me at all. Now that I am learning how to not let it get to me I'm going to do it at the bus stop every day and wear my undies the whole day at school
    Ah Jason, I'm so glad that the bullying isn't as bad for you now. I'm glad you don't care what other's think. I think we are around the same age so I know that what other's think is a big thing at this age. Well done for net letting it get to you!!
    Well its still gets to me sometimes but its making me stronger as well so after a whiles it not going to hurt me at all. Now that I am learning how to not let it get to me I'm going to do it at the bus stop every day and wear my undies the whole day at school

Doesn't sound nice or hygienic. & probably would hurt you with infections. I reallywouldsggest you see a doctor for suggests round it
    Shaunie wrote: »

Doesn't sound nice or hygienic. & probably would hurt you with infections. I reallywouldsggest you see a doctor for suggests round it

Agreed. It's not just the social aspects of this, it could cause you a few physical problems @Jason2016au Have you ever thought about talking to your doctor about this?
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hello Jason I have also been bullied as well like people making fun of me and that so I understand exactly how you feel there and also you are not the only one out there that is suffering and I also hate it when people make fun of me and I dying for it to stop as it does affect me quite a lot as it makes me feel even more angry and anxious.
    Shola
    Hi Sholay09,

Now that I decided to not let it annoy me and make me angry its been working because people don't bully me as much as they used to. Once I started doing it at the bus stop every day so they know I don't care what they think they have mostly stopped bullying me except for one guy.
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Jason,

Hope you're okay!

Drea:heart:
    Yeah I'm good
    Since a person told me how to keep it secret from everyone at school it’s been awesome because no one bullies me anymore but I can still do it at the bus stop every day. I am even going places after school as well like the mall and no one knows
    Now that I always take nullo tablets no one at school knows so the bullying has stopped except for 1 guy. It’s really awesome because since I found out they work I have been doing it every day and none of my friends know eiter