Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Resigned from my job but should i write to head office about how i was treated!

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So as you may know I handed my notice in at work on the 17th of May 2017 after being fed up of how I been treated over the last few months of working there and feeling I couldn't work there anymore because of it. Anyway Ive had thoughts about writing to the head office about how I got treated because I feel that people shouldn't have to put up with some of the things I went through when working there and I don't want work to feel they should get away with it. I don't know if this is the right decision though ?

​Also on Thursday just gone something was put on social media about the company in an negative way and I feel its my fault because I told someone who used to work there about how I was treated and why I left and then she went and put it on social media and although I don't work there anymore I don't feel that they should have a negative repetation. I don't know whether I should report it?

​Need advice on these

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hey

I suppose the decision is completely up to you. And whether you think it would help to report it and if it would actually go anywhere

Personally I wouldn't but I'm not in your situation. I wouldn't be bothered with it and would just leave it how it is. And would ask the perso to remove what they put on social media to aviod drama. Then just start finding a new job. But that's just me.

Do you think it would help? - Other people to not get treated like that ? Or how it's made you feel - by reporting it?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hey Shaunie. Thanks for the reply. I just feel that if I do report how I was treated at work that it will make me feel better and hopefully it wont happen to others that work there. I have ended up leaving because of how badly I got treated so I don't feel that I can just leave it without reporting it too be honestI will ask the person to remove the post off social media but too be honest I don't think she will because she is getting lots of comments on it and its giving work a bad name. I am looking for a new job.