Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Job interview tomorrow

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I've got some exciting news I have a job interview at my local SARC (Sexual assult refferal centre) tomorrow! To be a crisis worker so when someone comes in I will be there to hold there hand and support them through the rape kit process. Just what I wanted to do. I'm so excited and nervous. I know how important this role is as I wouldnt let go of the crisis workers hand when I had mine done. I feel like this will be me giving something back to people who I really want to work closely with survivors of rape/sexual abuse.

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Wishing you the best of luck @Lostsense this sounds like such a great opportunity :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Thankyou Aife
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Good luck today Lostsense, you'll do great👍👍👍
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    It went okay. She said there doing interviews for the rest of this week so I will hear on or by next Thursday (the 25th) but I did say I couldnt start until the 21st June (the day after I am back from Holiday) because after next week it will only be 2weeks until I go on Holiday so I dont really want to start for 2weeks and then have to have a week off.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm glad to hear it went okay Lostsense :)
    i really hope you get it(which i'm sure you will) x

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
    Taaaar