Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Maybe only me who thinks this

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Basically i think your safety thing needs improving.
And while im writing this i want to say I am really really sorry for my posts recently. I Will not be posting even my thoughts on suicide anymore. And will be taking them somewhere else. But maybe some times i just wanted some help but couldn't get it myself.

But it's more that when i read someone who's suicidal and sound at a real risk and they have opened up about their thoughts and what they have done. That is not what triggers or upsets me - it's that they wont be getting help.

I've used childline 121 chat once. And that's only because the first time i used it was because they broke my confidentiality on something that was literally nothing. And makes me question your safety of things. And if you actually ever break confidentiality or if you can?
Don't know where im goimg with this but you probably do what you think is righ then just ignore me. I dont mean to sound harsh just my concern
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for getting back and that link.
    It is related to that thread. I just think someone's safety especially if it's that serious is far more important then their confidentiality :)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey Shaunie, I think you are absolutely right! Also thanks for clarifying the confidentiality policy too Mike!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to use Childline myself Shaunie but switched over to Kooth, they tend to break confidentiality very often and sometimes it will be rather silly things but my guess is possibly because young people use it most they likely want to be extra careful x
    Glad you agree:)
    I understand that but I mean rare cumstances would be life or death situations? But you dont ? I could give examples of ones that even police have/would get involve with. Ive been detained for whole 5/6 weeks just for having a plan.

And in the nicest way possible I think if that sort of thing was taken more seriously on here would have a lot less triggering posts. And then would also take it more seriously and question before posting.

Hope that makes sense and understand where im coming from.

But other then that really good kept site :)
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Glad you agree:)
    I understand that but I mean rare cumstances would be life or death situations? But you dont ? I could give examples of ones that even police have/would get involve with. Ive been detained for whole 5/6 weeks just for having a plan.

And in the nicest way possible I think if that sort of thing was taken more seriously on here would have a lot less triggering posts. And then would also take it more seriously and question before posting.

Hope that makes sense and understand where im coming from.

But other then that really good kept site :)

Very good point!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Saudade wrote: »
    I used to use Childline myself Shaunie but switched over to Kooth, they tend to break confidentiality very often and sometimes it will be rather silly things but my guess is possibly because young people use it most they likely want to be extra careful x

I was actually thinking this was the reason for frequent confidentiality breaks over there earlier. Personally I've never had mine broken but I'm forever asking them about it cos it does worry me!
    Ah
    so i used childline today and had like a 2 hour chat with them to tell me they're breaking my confidenality over abusing pills over a period of time. Then ended it. I went back to chaf to tell them im in hospital (Obviously not) but there reason was stupid and I'm not saying it's not why I dont use them but the first time they broke it was a lack of communication and misuderstanding whar i was saying is - why I dont use it. Not to sure they belived me so bsically sitting here hoping police aren't going to come to my door soon. Obviously I don't think your safety policy should be that stricted.

@themix could you get back to me of my last reply or pm me? Its Just weird that if i said I was going to plan to kill someone (and hadnt of told anyone professionals aswell ) - you would of been on that straight away. It's still a life. I'm just saying for the safety of other users in future.
    Thank you for that

But i feel like your missing my point a bit. I get that it's the wrong place to ask for help and all tbat . And completely understand you would remove it but i mean like the fact you know something like a plan. Like things like someon is immadiate danger can't really help because it take a while to get tbe help. - And if people know of their behaviours and are aware.

But something like a plan that no one else knows seems a bit different. And I get would feel less trusting but surely being here is more important then that. And surely if I've been detained for it then it's something by law you have to breach?

I've had countless of assigment work around confidenality and comminucation and that, that I've heard enough. And all the legilations and the Data Protection Act. But just concerns me. And someone saying they're going to kill themselves being a massive one to break confidentiality

Sorry if im being annoying or coming across as rude.
    And i get the different polices . Like samaratains don't have to but they probably don't have any policy to go by for safryu except to keep it all confidential but you have the data protection act
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Thank you for that

But i feel like your missing my point a bit. I get that it's the wrong place to ask for help and all tbat . And completely understand you would remove it but i mean like the fact you know something like a plan. Like things like someon is immadiate danger can't really help because it take a while to get tbe help. - And if people know of their behaviours and are aware.

But something like a plan that no one else knows seems a bit different. And I get would feel less trusting but surely being here is more important then that. And surely if I've been detained for it then it's something by law you have to breach?

I've had countless of assigment work around confidenality and comminucation and that, that I've heard enough. And all the legilations and the Data Protection Act. But just concerns me. And someone saying they're going to kill themselves being a massive one to break confidentiality

Sorry if im being annoying or coming across as rude.

I think I get what you mean. Just to clarify do you mean that you feel that if someone has a plan etc their confidentiality should be broken more easily on here?
    Ah yeah basically!:)
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    On support sites like this though it also depends on the persons age (to me, I dont know why) 13 or 30 somebody ending their own life is so so sad so I think it is wrong depending on someones age. I heard in a group chat on here that they have different policys for breaking confidentiallty for the younger ones and the older ones.
    Lostsense - I didn't know this? I do agree though I also feel is should be the same no matter the age of the person.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Thats what someone said in support chat and it was one of the mods (not one of the main ones) but I dont know
    Lostsense wrote: »
    Thats what someone said in support chat and it was one of the mods (not one of the main ones) but I dont know

Hmmmm interesting... That might be a thread in itself ha!
    Thank you James that makes sense :)

Just that part about needing information. Your a registered chairty- cant you break confidenalitlity without it? By like tracking the phone done or something
    Thank you!

Sorry i have more quite deep questions:/

Would it get back to you if - you was the only person to know. And found that out in like their investigation thing. And didnt do anything and they succeeded with their plans. Like would that get back to you? NOT to say that would be responsible. If that makes sense?

Because i suppose there are ways round that. Like for example if someone was threatening with a terrorist attack. That's obviously something you would find a way round.

-Sorry
    edited July 2019
    I think i was right about this tbh. You break confidenlity a lot more than used to (i think/seems that way) which is good Imo
This discussion has been closed.