Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

259 posts... but my user title is still the same?

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
I thought the titles changed at 250? Also I've seen a few users who have like 50 posts and their title still says Noob or Newbie?
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey Independent :)

It should change when you reach a certain number of posts. I'll look into this with the team to see if we can find out what's happening :)

All the best,

- Aife

Ah thank you Aife!!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Aidan wrote: »
    Ah, I noticed this too Elle and made a post about it. You should be rampant like me!!!

Aife, James told me that the software running the site is supposed to refresh the titles hourly but hadn't been doing, he refreshed them manually. Hope this helps!

Ah that's interesting... I just went and found your old post too haha! Yes mine should be the same as your's haha!
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Thanks so much @Aidan!

@independent_ - I've manually updated your title so it should now say your a rampant poster :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Aife wrote: »
    Thanks so much [USER="98942"]Aidan[/USER]!

[USER="95994"]independent_[/USER] - I've manually updated your title so it should now say your a rampant poster :)

- Aife

@Aife it does!!! Thank you! This is cooooooool!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    What are the thresholds and user Titles now? Does anybody know?
    Weekender Offender 
    Thanks.
    Weekender Offender 
    I was just about to link you that thread @Skive[/USER] but [USER="95867"]The Mix got there wayyyyyy before me!!

14700 posts!! Wow that's an amazing count!!
    My post count is probably not accurate - many posters (including myself) lost posts when the boards were upgraded years ago. There are some members with double that count, though I haven't seen any of them active for quite some time :(
    Before facebook and other social media sites this place was buzzing and it was quite easy make dozens of posts a day.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    My post count is probably not accurate - many posters (including myself) lost posts when the boards were upgraded years ago. There are some members with double that count, though I haven't seen any of them active for quite some time :(
    Before facebook and other social media sites this place was buzzing and it was quite easy make dozens of posts a day.

That's really interesting actually... I only joined this place last year so this is it how I know it. But you have been here since a year before I was born (wow) so I'm not surprised it was different!! We're you one of the first members?
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Mine hasent changed either!
    Lostsense wrote: »
    Mine hasent changed either!

I remember you wondering if yours would change at 1000. It's really odd.

That's really interesting actually... I only joined this place last year so this is it how I know it. But you have been here since a year before I was born (wow) so I'm not surprised it was different!! We're you one of the first members?

Wow. Now I feel old. I joined in May 2001 under a different account but there were plenty of members from 2000 - some of whom were active up until very recently. We've had people meet each other through TheSite, get married and have babies. We've had posters go to prison, and we've sadly had a couple of members pass away. And tons of funny moments and arguments.
    Weekender Offender 

I remember you wondering if yours would change at 1000. It's really odd.

Yeah I know and I checked and it should have changed at 1000 to fanatical poster and soon after 1500 is postaholic so I shouldnt be incredible poster

Hey Lostsense,

The boards are having a few tech issues at the moment - the automatic refresh doesn't seem to be working (see my post in [URL="http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/welcome-centre/help-desk/3562852-user-titles?p=3562900#post3562900"]this thread[/URL]).
    We'll be updating these manually once a week or so - bear with us :)

James

Okay
    Thankyou😁
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I love my title ahaha :P
    louisa982 wrote: »
    I love my title ahaha :P

I do too... how did you even get that? Haha!
    There was a brief time when we could change our usernames and our own titles.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    There was a brief time when we could change our usernames and our own titles.

that would be cool
    According to [URL="http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forum/welcome-centre/help-desk/3522222-user-titles-and-bonuses"]this thread[/URL] you should be able to change your own user title once you hit 500 posts. For username changes, you can drop us a PM (although we don't like to do it too often). :)

Mike

Cool. That's what I did with the username and I was told it was only once per person which is fair enough!