Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Introduce yourself

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hello! :wave:

So who are you?

If you are new to The Mix discussion boards then… welcome. It’s a nice place and people don’t bite that much.

This forum is here especially so you can introduce yourself to other users of the boards. Tell us a little about yourself, why you’re here and what you’re interested in. We promise no one will judge you for what you write.

Happy posting. :)
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i Don't really know what to say here. Um my names carly im 19 and i go to canterbury college. I study photography but i do alot of performing arts stuff too... I got accepted into ual wimbledon. So thats where i'll be soon

I have a lot of mental health difficulties that im trying to deal with.

Be nice to me...

I think ive put this in the wrong place. 😂 im learning how to use this...
    Hello. My names Tiffany and i'm 19 and am currently at university in Twickenham studying a sport coaching degree.

I've got a couple of difficulties in my life and find it very hard to deal with them and a lot of the time don't really know what to do.
    Hello. My names holly and im 13. i suffer from self harm, depression and i have an eating disorder. I go counselling and all but nothing seems to help. I am a lesbian and jesus that was hard to say but no one knows except from my girlfriend and im scared to tell people. I already get bullied at school.
    Hey all I'm vinny I'm 29 and got diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 25 as you can imagine developing epilepsy at that age is a shock and now I've to to the point of depression and self harm I think I may do this as my family suffer pain from my condition and have to put up with the stress so as a way to feel the pain they do I self harm now.
    I don't know if this is even a proper chat room if it's not anyone know how I can get onto the chat room. Cheers
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Vinny, :wave:

Welcome to the boards. It's really positive that you've been able to post here about what's been going on and your situation. Sounds like it's been a really stressful time but you've done a really good thing to look for some help for yourself.

Not sure if you have heard of this website which has advice and information about living with epilepsy which you can find here called epilepsy action

There is also a website called self harm UK which provides information and advice about self harm. You can ask a question to their expert panel or share your story. You can can their website here

Hope this helps :)
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Welcome to all of you who have joined :)
    Hello ;) I am Natasha and I am 22 years old. I studied BA (Hons) Film and Media at university and I am currently a Learning Support Administrator. I am happy to support and offer guidance to anyone who needs it. :heart:
  • apandavapandav Posts: 2,072 Boards Champion
    Hello ;) I am Natasha and I am 22 years old. I studied BA (Hons) Film and Media at university and I am currently a Learning Support Administrator. I am happy to support and offer guidance to anyone who needs it. :heart:

Hi Natasha :wave: Welcome to TheMix boards :)
    Hi Natasha and welcome to the boards! :wave:
    Hi I'm Roshan
    Hi can I talk to Steph?
    Hi Im Bee, not my actual name:razz:, just named after my bright yellow car with a bee sticker on it. Theres not much too say about me rather than I'd like to help with others and make a good impression:heart:
    Hi I'm mgkmdn. I don't do any kind of social media, so I'm kind of flying blind here. I'm here because I'm in a job I hate, but pay's decent. I've been doing the same thing for 20 years now. I think I'm burned out. My husband wants me to quit, he's worried I'm going to have a stroke because of stress. I'm afraid to quit because we can't live on his check alone. He's offered to work extra so I can quit, but I can't/won't let him do that. He already works 10 hour days and he's wonderful to me...I don't think it's fair he works more. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanx!
    Welcome to the boards Bee! :wave: Good to have you here :yes:
    Hi All I'm Amy,
    I am 24, a Geography graduate who has done a lot of jobs from bar work to train conductor!
    I work in social services at the moment and have experience in student finance, so if anyone wants any advice or just a chat fire away
    Hi Amy, welcome to the boards, great to have you here :thumb:
    Hi. My name is Rebecca. I am 15 years old. I suffer from depression, anxiety, mild OCD, self harm and suicidal thoughts.
    My name is Caleb. I am a traveler. I have joined this community because I want to get some nice kind of stuff about traveling. I am sure through this community I must get it. I hope so I will spend a great time there with all the members.
    Hello everyone!

I am a musician and poet and I am excited in sharing experiences as well as asking / replying about advice.
    Welcome to the boards @curiousity great to have you here :thumb:
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome @curiousity :wave:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    I'm Maria, I'm 17 and I participate in a lot of musical theatre stuff
    Welcome Maria! :wave:
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Welcome Maria :)
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    hey ya'll! I'm Payton, 15, am having a lot of mental health struggles, I have my whole life but more than usual recently. Ive been hospitalized twice and have mood swings, currently I am in a depressive mood and I am diagnosed with Extreme depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, and panic disorder.
    welcome Payton it's great to have you here, sounds like you've got a lot going on at the moment, feel free to post your own thread about anything you'd like to talk about :thumb:
    Hi, I'm 25, a teacher and not really much else to say about myself really!
    @#skss17 welcome to The Mix discussion boards, lovely to have you here! :)
    Hi, I'm Annie. I'm currently studying A-Level psychology, business and geography. I really enjoy socializing as well as hibernating in my room all day, eating food and watching Netflix. I'm currently doing work experience with The Mix and am very willing to support and advise people for their next steps.