Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Unclear on law and police officer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi :)
So i reported an incident about two weeks ago now. but i didn't make a statement. I have emailed the police officer on my case. And its been a week and he hasn't replied. I am very anxious to get the crime report etc over asap . I know my incident is nothing major so it would take time but im not sure how long to wait.

I also have spoken to the police man that i have been assigned, before and he is scary, and i feel that he intimidates me. I have googled and i can't find out my rights on if i can ask for a different officer.

any advice or tips on this / taking my mind off this would be brilliant
many thanks
turtle :)

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi turtle,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks for sharing the situation and what's going on for you at the moment. It's really good that you're reaching out for some help with this.

Just to let you know that The Mix has some articles in the Your Rights section that might be useful which you can find here

Hope this helps and feel free to post more about anything else you'd like to talk about too. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi thanks for the link :)
    have a nice week
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Turtle,

Just wondering if you've had any progress with this? How're you feeling? *hug*

Also, the Citizens' Advice Bureau can offer free legal advice and information if you need it. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Hi :)
    I spoke to the police officer i am gonna make a statement in a few days. I didnt have the courage to ask if i could talk to another person. But my friend's going to come with me :D so hopefully it will be ok.
    Thanks ! i will have a look.
    have a nice week
    Hi turtle, as with anything if your unsure and feel like you could explain your situation better to another officer i cant see why that would be a problem.Always best to take someone else with you aswell hope it all goes well for you iam sure it will :)
    Hi :) thanks for replying.
    I am not to sure right now where things are at or if i want them to continue. the law always seem to be so hard on people when bad things happen.