Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London clubbing clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for what to wear clubbing in London, a big dance night at a well-known club (rather than a posh bar or anything like that)? Am thinking well-fitted, but not preferably no neon colours!

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Luce wrote: »
    Hello, does anyone have any recommendations for what to wear clubbing in London, a big dance night at a well-known club (rather than a posh bar or anything like that)? Am thinking well-fitted, but not preferably no neon colours!

Hey Luce, do you go to big clubs that aren't in London? Just asking this because I'd say if you do, you don't necessarily need to change your style for this city - there won't be much difference in what people wear. Well fitted sounds good to me, but also worth bearing in mind how hot you're going to get... :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What ever you fancy. Depends where you go but its not that different I find, check before going out for door policies though, some won't accept trainers.
    I recently bought my girlfriend an evening-wear come party dress.. got it in FC Oxford Street. She likes more conservative stuff, but still wants to look good. I got one of the dresses on this page (bottom left) and she well pleased. http://www.frenchconnection.com/category/Woman+Collections+Dresses/Dresses.htm
    Downside is, she took a hit from a cigarette burn when we left the place and there's a darn hole in the thing! But local dry cleaners does repairs!
    I would check for a door policy but most places dont' have one espeically if they are dance clubs - I would wear whatever you want to wear there really isnt' any right or wrong, but i'd go for something comfortable maybe layers which are easy to take off and put in a bag in a cloakroom once you get there and trainers to protect your feet.
    Trainers? Come on now :lol: That's the one thing that should be advised against if going to a club, unless you know specifically the place in question permits them. Even a lot of the shithole establishments won't permit them, especially on weekends.
    If a club doesnt' allow trainers then its clearly not the right kind of club for me........
    Thanks for all replies! Think it's varied, sleeveless definitely the way to go though as it'll be hot. Have found a potential dress, quite formal but everyone else is dressing up too so it should be fine. Don't think trainers will complement the look too well... ;)
    T-shirt jeans trainers?
    chou4555 wrote: »
    I recently bought my girlfriend an evening-wear come party dress.. got it in FC Oxford Street. She likes more conservative stuff, but still wants to look good. I got one of the dresses on this page (bottom left) and she well pleased. http://www.frenchconnection.com/category/Woman+Collections+Dresses/Club Dresses.htm
    Downside is, she took a hit from a cigarette burn when we left the place and there's a darn hole in the thing! But local dry cleaners does repairs!

I like to wear club suits
    Hello :)

My suggestion which dresses/looks are good for london clubbing (depends on the club, you know, some clubs have a hard dresscode) is: Nearly EVERYTHING from here, but nobody or nearly nobody can afford that except the Hollywood actors and every other so called "richkid", so i say as an alternative: nearly EVERYTHING which looks like the Escada party dresses. Some long Partydresses may to elegant for some partys, but idk which party which club you will go. As an end of the story: For London Clubbing, and i mean REAL Clubbing, no Teenager-Partys, you have to be dressed perfect. Decadent City, but its fun.

Regards.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey guys,

This thread is pretty ancient now so I'm going to close it. Feel free to start your own threads on this. :yes:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.