Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Announcing The Mix

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone :wave:

Those of you who follow TheSite or YouthNet (the charity that runs TheSite) on social media will know that today we've made a huge announcement..

We're planning to join forces with Get Connected!

M0S4PRn.png

Wait, what?!
Yep, it's big news! Our plan is to merge the two charities to create a new, super organisation. We believe that by teaming up, we can offer you guys the chance to get more and better support.

For example, Get Connected run a phoneline and offer 1-2-1 support. Together, we'll be able to add that to your options, meaning you can come to us for info on TheSite, the boards, chat and 1-2-1 support. That's pretty exciting we think :d

Who are Get Connected?
Get Connected are an amazing charity for under 25s who aim to hook people up with the right kind of support, whatever their situation. They do this with their site, where they have an online list of organisations, a phoneline, email service and webchat.

So you could ring them up to talk about pretty much anything, have a chat with someone, who will listen and help you find the best place to get the info, advice or support you're looking for.

So.. why?
There are a few reasons we think this is a great idea..

First of all, it'll mean we can offer support to more people. As one charity, we'll simply be able to do more! There'll be more of us, so we might be able to things like run more chats (that's just an example - we haven't quite decided how it'll all work yet!)

We'll also be able to give everyone more choice when it comes to the kind of support you'd like (e.g. articles, videos, the boards, various types of chat, 1-2-1 phone support etc.)

Finally, it should also make it easier to bring in the money we need to keep everything going.

How will this affect TheSite, chat and the boards?
The plan is to keep doing everything we currently do and at some point start adding extra things, like a phoneline.

This means that all the info on TheSite, the boards and live chat will keep working as usual.

As we'll be a new charity, we'll also have a new brand. We're not sure what that might look like yet, but it could mean getting a new logo, a fresh look and maybe even a new name!

When is this all happening?
Pretty soon if everything goes to plan. We hope to get all the organisational stuff ready by Christmas (things like moving office, sorting out staff teams). Then we'd like to start rolling out new services and our new look in the spring.

It's all a bit up in the air at the moment while we work out how the best way to do things.

Err, I still have questions..
Great! Feel free to ask away below :thumb:
We'll do our best to answer them, but bear in mind that a lot of things are still undecided.

UPDATES (check back here for the latest)

02/03/16 - We're launching a new name & logo on Monday (7th March)

07/03/16 - Meet The Mix - our new name

11/03/16 - The Staff account becomes The Mix (use this to send the mod team private messages)

13/04/16 - Choosing a new background - Which is your favourite?

21/04/16 - New background chosen (thanks for your help!)
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    BUT does this mean you'll still be based in london? because i still intend on bringing everyone doughnuts :P x
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    louisa982 wrote: »
    BUT does this mean you'll still be based in london? because i still intend on bringing everyone doughnuts :P x

Get connected are also based in london...Just in a different area :)
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Redhead wrote: »
    Get connected are also based in london...Just in a different area :)

:yes:

That's right, we'll still be based in London :)
    Wow great news! Sounds amazing :)

Go YouthNet :yippe:
    Woah, that's huge news! Kinda scary too though :p
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture

I agree. Big change but cool news.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I agree. Big change but cool news.

I can totally understand that it might seem scary - big change often is!

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to get them down here :)
    We want to be as open about this as we can
    I don't know how I feel about this but cool.
    Whats the age gtoup for this site? I thought it was all age groups but notice this said 25 and under
    Brandy wrote: »
    Whats the age gtoup for this site? I thought it was all age groups but notice this said 25 and under

The age group is 16-25, we do have users under the age suggestion and also over it, it's mainly because our advice is aimed more at people within those ages and the sites we signpost too specify to those age groups most of the time too :)
    Hey everyone!

Just a quick update..

Over Christmas, YouthNet and Get Connected officially merged! This means we are now the same organisation.

You've probably noticed that nothing really seems to have changed on TheSite. But over the next few months, there will be new things - for example, we'll be getting a new name! We'll do our best to keep you in the loop with any changes as and when they happen.

And of course, If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask away :)
    James wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Just a quick update..

Over Christmas, YouthNet and Get Connected officially merged! This means we are now the same organisation.

You've probably noticed that nothing really seems to have changed on TheSite. But over the next few months, there will be new things - for example, we'll be getting a new name! We'll do our best to keep you in the loop with any changes as and when they happen.

And of course, If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask away :)

So will it become one website? With their online chat on here as well?
    Hey Enchanted,

Honestly, we're not sure yet :chin:

For the moment, TheSite will stay more or less as it is and so will Get Connected's site.
    The next big step for us is coming up with a new name, logo etc. We're also learning a lot about how each other work. Until we understand each other really well, we probably won't be making any massive changes to TheSite.

Hope that answers your question!
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey everyone,

Another update for you!
    As I mentioned, now that we've merged, we'll be getting a whole new brand. We've been working hard on our new identity and can now announce that...

We'll be launching our new name and logo on Monday!

This means that from Monday afternoon/evening, TheSite will no longer be called TheSite. YouthNet will no longer be called YouthNet. And Get Connected will no longer be called Get Connected. Instead we'll all have the same name ('fraid you'll have to wait till then to find out what it is ;) )

Of course, even though our name will be different, it'll work in exactly the same way. The info, the boards, chat - those aren't going anywhere. For now, they'll even look the same :)

As always, feel free to post any questions below :thumb:

James
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
    It's going to be so difficult to cope with a new name at first. Well done though y'all :)
    TheSite wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Another update for you!
    As I mentioned, now that we've merged, we'll be getting a whole new brand. We've been [URL="http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/12_01/paintJA0212_468x327.jpg"]working hard[/URL] on our new identity and can now announce that...

We'll be launching our new name and logo on Monday!

This means that from Monday afternoon/evening, TheSite will no longer be called TheSite. YouthNet will no longer be called YouthNet. And Get Connected will no longer be called Get Connected. Instead we'll all have the same name ('fraid you'll have to wait till then to find out what it is ;) )

Of course, even though our name will be different, it'll work in exactly the same way. The info, the boards, chat - those aren't going anywhere. For now, they'll even look the same :)

As always, feel free to post any questions below :thumb:

James

It may sound stupid but if we don't know the name how are we going to be able to access the sites??
    Hiccup wrote: »
    It may sound stupid but if we don't know the name how are we going to be able to access the sites??

That's a great question!
    The URL (web address) will continue to be thesite.org (for now). So you'll be able to get here in the usual way.

As you may have seen from our social media channels, our new name has arrived!

It'll be coming to TheSite really soon. But here's a sneak preview of the new logo:

DxyqZYK.png?1

From today, YouthNet, Get Connected and TheSite will be known as 'The Mix'.
    What do you think?

As we mentioned, things here will continue to work as normal :)

James

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I like it. It justs going to take lots of getting used to. Love the colours though.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    TheSite wrote: »

As you may have seen from our social media channels, our new name has arrived!

It'll be coming to TheSite really soon. But here's a sneak preview of the new logo:

DxyqZYK.png?1

From today, YouthNet, Get Connected and TheSite will be known as 'The Mix'.
    What do you think?

As we mentioned, things here will continue to work as normal :)

James

I shared my Oppinion on this weeks back ;) Am I allowed to stop pretending i haven't known for a while?:P
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    I think the mix is a really bad name. sounds like a childrens youth group rather than a charity organization and the logo colours are childish and basic too. hey im honest
    louisa982 wrote: »
    I think the mix is a really bad name. sounds like a childrens youth group rather than a charity organization and the logo colours are childish and basic too. hey im honest

Do you mean the colourful logo or the black and white one?
    I like it. I think it'll be easier to get used to than any of the new names I was imaging which is a relief. It's like TheSite is no more though :(
    And as you can see - our staff account has now been updated too, this is the best place to PM us with any queries or concerns. :)

Helen

So thaaaat's why it's called The Mix