Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hairstyles?

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
Yo dudes :wave:

I was thinking about going for a change with my hair, my hair is currently quite long and it's pretty healthy, I have a side fringe well when the hairdresser puts it in I do. I need it put back in as it's grown back out now.

I don't know if I want my hair cut short, cos it's taken me forever to grow my hair. I just fancy a change. I am not sure though.

I don't really wanna add a pic of myself on something so public, so you can't see how my hair currently is.

Thanks in advance.
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey hey :)

First of all, I love your hair, it is so long! How about instead of drastic change in terms of getting it cut you try some different stuff with your hair as it is now? I find pinterest quite good for finding styles and youtube really good for learning how to actually do them :)
  • Options
    Aw thanks Nina :heart:

My hair has taken me so long to grow it this length, and like it's so healthy, last time I got it cut the hairdresser was so impressed with how healthy it actually is.

I will take a look.
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • Options
    Im trying to think what you face shape would be... And im guessing you want something fairly low maintenance?
  • Options
    I'm not sure.

I guess I am just bored of how it looks, but maybe like Nina said trying different hairstyles could work.
  • Options
    How about getting layers cut in?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm not sure.

I guess I am just bored of how it looks, but maybe like Nina said trying different hairstyles could work.

:yes: you could try some different ways of tying your hair up that are prettier than just a pony tail - like a side plait for example...

Messy-Side-Braid-Hairstyles-Long-Hair-Idesa.jpg

I also reckon long layers could work well :chin:
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I did think about layers but ive had them before and I didnt suit them really.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  • Options
    I challenge you to learn how to do a fishtail plait before me. Deal?
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »

I win ;) They make your arms ache though!
  • Options
    PGreenPGreen Posts: 175 Helping Hand

I learnt to fishtail plait using the website called The Beauty Department it makes it really simple - currently rocking a fishtail as I type this! Fishtail instructions are here.

Also when I get bored (I am too chicken to cut my hair off again) I curl it rather than wear it straight. Do you have curling tongs or a wand or anything? I love mine!
  • Options
    PGreen wrote: »
    I learnt to fishtail plait using the website called The Beauty Department it makes it really simple - currently rocking a fishtail as I type this! Fishtail instructions are here.

Also when I get bored (I am too chicken to cut my hair off again) I curl it rather than wear it straight. Do you have curling tongs or a wand or anything? I love mine!

I just tried and succeeded only in accidentally pulling a handful of hand out. Oops.

Curling is a good shout, even I can manage that :P Worth remembering that it can wreck your hair a bit though.
  • Options
    Id so fail. That and learning how to colour using my mouth lol.

• Options
    PGreen wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion. I dont think I want it cut, need my fringe cut back in though. I dont have curling tools maybe I should invest in some. But not sure how much id actually use them.