Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thank you everyone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dear thesiters:

I'm just writing now to thank all of you, because thanks to this site and everyone in it I have been able to practise and improve my English, ability which has enabled me to perform exellently in my IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam. :)

These results mean I can enroll in a British University, and hopefully, will give me a better chance of obtaining a scholarship to go and study there. I won't know if i get the scholarship or not until the end of the month (:nervous:), but still, for what it's worth, I'm really proud of my English exam results. :)

So thank you all :heart: , and keep your fingers crossed for me please!

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    bluewisdom wrote:
    enroll

Not quite perfect ;):p

Nah only joking, good luck! Here's hoping you get where you want to go. But be aware, its cold here!!!!! :D
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Very bloody cold ;D

Any ideas as to which University you want to go to?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not quite perfect

Indeed, but you have better English skills than the majority of English born people!

Good luck to you, but yeah, it is cold! :(
    JsT wrote:
    Not quite perfect ;):p
    The perfect is enemy to the good. :p

(it's a Spanish saying translated literally, don't know if you have an equivalent).

Thanks anyway ;)
    Dr Pirate wrote:
    Any ideas as to which University you want to go to?
    I've applied to the University of Edinburgh and to the Institute of Education of London University. I prefer to go to Edinburgh though, that's where my heart is set tbh!
    pah1986 wrote:
    Indeed, but you have better English skills than the majority of English born people!
    Why thank you, pah1986 :blush::D:heart:
    Really hope you do well sweetie :) You deserve it :)
    Good luck, and hope everything goes well :D
    Humbug. I have an internet name now :yeees:

Real name's Phil by the way.

You've picked some good universities... but if you get into Edinburgh, you're going to have to learn a whole new language!

Ach lass, that's a wee dog yah got there.... etc
    Thanks you guys! :heart:
    pah1986 wrote:
    but if you get into Edinburgh, you're going to have to learn a whole new language!

Really? I hadn't thought of that :nervous:
    Damn them Scottish! (is half Scottish hehehe)
    I did not even know you were un-british :confused:

so that says a lot, I guess :thumb:
    pah1986 wrote:
    You've picked some good universities... but if you get into Edinburgh, you're going to have to learn a whole new language!

freak.gif

You mean 'Och' surely? Or maybe 'Auch'...
    bluewisdom wrote:
    Really? I hadn't thought of that :nervous:

No, Edinburgh and Edinburgh Uni in particular are cultural diverse. There's a huge mix of nationalities, accents and languages.

And the natives aren't that difficult to understand. They are all incredible posh and well spoken like me :razz:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Well done! And good luck! :)
    Congratulations!

I think it's boring now that I have to focus on my mother tongue, Swedish, instead of perfecting my English... :mad: Is such a boring language. And no, my Swedish is good, but there's always room for improvement! I did notice that, a few years back, I could notice English grammar in my Swedish. Not good!
    Congratulations sweetheart, your English is so good that I'm not at all surprised!

Good luck with the scholarship... fingers and toes crossed! :)
    Congratulations!

I think it's boring now that I have to focus on my mother tongue, Swedish, instead of perfecting my English... :mad: Is such a boring language. And no, my Swedish is good, but there's always room for improvement! I did notice that, a few years back, I could notice English grammar in my Swedish. Not good!

are you kidding me? I want to sexgasm when I hear a swedish chick talking in her tongue. I wanted last summer to trip up to sweden, but the financial side looked a bit dim (like it will do this summer :( ). I wish I could talk swedish -_-

Ik Vooorzickt! IT ees zeerbreeklich!!
    wonderfull!
    StrubbleS wrote:
    are you kidding me? I want to sexgasm when I hear a swedish chick talking in her tongue. I wanted last summer to trip up to sweden, but the financial side looked a bit dim (like it will do this summer :( ). I wish I could talk swedish -_-

Yes, but the english language is much cooler. 1337 English pwns 1337 Swedish. Good Swedish just gives you the impression of bombastic adults who view themselves superior over everyone else. Whilst talking good English, you get (a) respect (b) authority.

Maybe it's just because I have such a large amount of Swedish homework on my desk that I find myself resenting the language. :mad: I'm off for a shower and then a day of hard work! (I hope I'm not being naive here ... :razz:)
    Well, I have a desk full of work too :( It's Satans tongue: MATHS.