Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Showering 3x a day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not my usual hang out on these board but I guess it's the best place to put it. I'm showering 3x a day plus at the moment which is really taking it out of my skin (have problems with acne/dry skin on my face) and I can see me going mad with my hair.

Any ideas? Wash hair everytime, don't, only alternate times?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    shower less?
    I shower 2/3 times a day for years and its never caused a problem... how about moisturizing after the shower? Face at the least if thats where your getting the dry skin. Plus it keeps your skin young and fresth ;)

Does your house have hard or soft water? I've found that makes a difference on the skin.
    Shower less sadly isn't an option, should have explained. I have a happy post operative wound that isn't healing and I have been told to shower upwards of 3 x a day to keep it clean.

Know any good moisturisers you can put on that much that don't aggrevate acne?
    My skin's a bit sensitive/dry. I use a Sanex shower cream thing for sensitive skin. Peachy colured and buy one get one free at the mo.
    Ta! Will send someone down the shops tomorrow.
    Oil/scent/color free stuff. Olay does a good facial moisturizer. Then every generic brand under the sun does a similar one. The more free it is the better, imo. If your worried about your acne, how about an astrengent after the shower, before the lotion. Mind me asking where the wound is? If the showering is bothering you, is it in a spot that yhou could just hop in the shower (or sink even) clean it and thats it?
    Can't you just shower down the bit that needs cleaning often?
    Thank you for that one, I have a 'beautiful' 6" hole down my arse, I could indeed put the shower on its lowest bit on the rack and just do from my back downwards! I blame the drugs or being blonde, or both!
    Thank you for that one, I have a 'beautiful' 6" hole down my arse, !

No hunny, thats natural, we all have one of those down our ass.

backs out quickly
    yeah - i assume your shower head doesnt come off so you can just aim it at the bit that needs showering? dont wash your hair every time that will make it go really dry (depending on ur hair type i guess). just tie it back and very high on ur head (if its really long put it in a bun). :)
    my_name wrote:
    No hunny, thats natural, we all have one of those down our ass.

backs out quickly
    I'm special, I have two!

Got just the wrong length hair, and manic curls, so it doesn't tie up very well. Sexy shower cap may have to go on the shopping list though.
    If it's any consolation... Benefit do the sexiest shower cap known to man. :thumb:
    Showering too much is unhygenic in the long run. Once a day is enough.
    Do read carefully. I don't really get a choice as have to 'irrigate' this wound, means I have to shower most of me.
    id just shower your lower half if you can, or get a bidet installed so you can just wash your nether regions easily.
    If you shower that much i wouldnt use any soap or shower gel every time, and certainly wouldnt bother washing hair each time. Maybe just sit over the edge of the bath and shower your bum.
    I've got to do it standing, so I think it's going to be a case of doing as little of the rest of me as possible (unlikely but worth a shot) and just putting up with it. It's not like I go out or anything, that would require being allowed to sit! :banghead:

I'm not trying to be difficult, but with all these restrictions you can see why I'm struggling!
    for sure. It sounds like a real pain for you. I hope you manage to find a solution and your nether regions heal nice and quickly.
    if yu dont mind me asking, how did u get this wound?
    On an operating table! It was put there deliberately as part of the operation I had to excise a pilonidal sinus and reconstruct the area to prevent recurrence. In just isn't healing as planned.
    ooo i see
    Its great fun, or may be not.
    If you shower that much i wouldnt use any soap or shower gel every time, and certainly wouldnt bother washing hair each time. Maybe just sit over the edge of the bath and shower your bum.

This does seem like a good idea.
    SCC's idea is good. I shower twice a day most days, I use my normal shower gel in the mornings, and aqueous cream in the evening so not to try my skin out. My second shower of the day isn't really to 'wash', mainly just to refresh myself, and the cream helps that. Bought a 500g tub of the stuff in Superdrug a while back, cheep cheep!
    Sitting anywhere isn't an option, I'm not allowed to bend in the middle, so it's a standing up straight job. I'd completely forgotten about aqueous cream but thats a storming plan.

Seems to be going ok, have a couple of proper showers and a couple of half ones.
    Sitting anywhere isn't an option, I'm not allowed to bend in the middle, so it's a standing up straight job. I'd completely forgotten about aqueous cream but thats a storming plan.

Seems to be going ok, have a couple of proper showers and a couple of half ones.

Poor you, i bet its a right pain in the arse :p sorry. I bet it's horrible. Hope it heals quick for you.
    I had trouble with my stitches healing in my tummy after James. Was told to make sure i dried it properly and gave it as much air as poss.
    Most of the stitches are out now, they gave up on them and said it would be better to heal by secondary intention which means leaving your body to fill up the gap. I pity you especially as you had James to look after too.