Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Carers awareness! 2018

AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
Hey Everyone!

Not many people will know this but today makes the start of carers awareness week. I feel its a dead track when it comes to carers here at the mix as we have a hand full of carers posts on the site. There are not many. 

Here is a couple i found:
http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/family-life/support-for-young-carers-6247.html
http://www.themix.org.uk/news-and-research/blogs/what-is-a-young-adult-carer

I won't bore you with stats so just say ... look out for anyone who is a carer. Make sure they keep accessing support in anyway they need if its a night out or a pizza and film at your house. Anything can be helpful for a carer!!

Keep looking out for people

Abi
Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Raising awareness of carers and their awareness week in the UK is very good of you, and I hope that some day you will be blessed for your continued committment and support. And I mean it. :)

There is actually a Caregivers service in Palma Mallorca which I recently registered with and my best friend Ines, so as to provide care to Agnes our elderly neighbour. I will keep looking out for others, Abi, so thank you.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    This is a great post Abigail it's always important to give carers a pat on the back from time to time, it can be really stressful so anything we can do to cheer them up is appreciated I'm sure. Even if you don't know any carers in your own life sharing your support online like this is wonderful too. =)

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.