Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Feeling usless

jw1997jw1997 Posts: 2 Newbie
Does anyone feel like there not wanted anywhere by anyone and does anyone try really hard to get a job and just can't get one . Im really really down about that so i ttake out on loved one 

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi jw1997,

Sorry to hear how you're feeling. You are wanted, whether you realise this or not. Some people don't make it as obvious, or show it as much, but they do want you! For jobs, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been successful so far. You need to keep trying - giving up isn't going to get you a job, so that's not an option! You could also look towards volunteering in the meanwhile, so that you can build some experience and improve your CV, as well as developing skills. Another choice that is becoming more popular is setting up your own business? Some people find jobs through friends or family, so maybe that's a route you could take?x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    heey jw1997 :)

First of all i know how you feel, but i can assure you, you are wanted. As Azziman said, keep going on the job front, something will come your way soon, but you can't give up. Do you have any hobbies to keep you going and distracted while you're looking for a job? that way you might take it out on your loved ones a bit less if you have something to keep your mind focused.
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hey jw1997,

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this right now, it can be difficult to see the good things in our life when we feel so blurred by feeling down, but you are most certainly are wanted, particularly by the 'loved ones' you mentioned. Perhaps you could talk to a friend or one of your loved ones about how you're feeling so you have someone to support you, how does that sound?

Also, jobs can be hard to get so just know you are not the only one- something will turn up eventually :)

-Nish
  • Candlestick56Candlestick56 Posts: 90 Budding Regular
    Hey jw1997,

I definitely feel like that sometimes, especially when you're trying really hard and it just feels like nothing is going your way! It's normal to take those kind of feelings out on loved ones, even if you can see you doing it and know you shouldn't. Finding a job can take a long time and being unemployed can have a really big knock on your confidence. Hang in there though and try to keep positive! Every time I've been unemployed, it's taken me months to find another job, but I always get there eventually and as soon as I do, my confidence goes back up. Just remind yourself that what you're feeling now is temporary and you will feel better soon! In the meantime, maybe you can do a nice gesture for someone close to you? They'll appreciate it, and it might make you feel better too :) I have my fingers crossed for you that you get good news on the job front soon! :)

-Lizzie
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    You are definetly not alone with all these feelings. And i think knowing that, is a real comfort sometimes. 

Dont give up on finding job and stuff though and i hope you can find support with it, to help you. And instead of taking it out on someone ask for their help?

All the best!
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    Hey Jw, 

Don't stop trying. Just look at your post, six complete strangers have sent you encouraging messages, We want you to keep trying and we will try and support you as best we can.

Getting a job is difficult sometimes, keep going back to your CV and remember its okay to apply to the same places over time. They may not be hiring now but that could change at anytime.

Good luck :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy."