Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I am being bullied at school

DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,788 Master Poster
edited June 2018 in Health & Wellbeing
Hi,
I`m being horribly bullied at school and I am too scared to tell my parents? Can somebody actually listen to me and tell me that I`m not an idiot?
"There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
"The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
"I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 

Comments

• Options
    Does anybody care
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Kasa2103 said:
    Does anybody care
    Yes, I do care and very much! You are brave to come here and post what has been worrying you for a long time, and you are not an idiot!

The first person you should tell is Mum. Wait for a time when she's relaxed and to get her attention, you could give a big sigh which would make her look at you and ask, "What's up darling?" And this is your opportunity to say,

"I'm being bullied at school."

This would be the second step of being brave, and telling her your classmates have been calling you cruel names, and that this has gone on far too long. Tell Mum you're getting ill with worry. That you feel helpless. And you cry a lot.

Sophie who I look after left me a note. She wrote "I'm being bullied at school and I'm sick of it. I'm sorry, but it's difficult to tell you things. Please don't be cross with me.

Soph xox"

And writing  Mum a note and leaving it for her to find could be another way of asking for help.

Here is a useful site about being bullied at school.  https://www.bullying.co.uk/bullying-at-school/

I wear glasses. I wore them at school and was called "Goggle eyes" or "Four eyes." I told my parents and the bullying stopped, and you Mum will help you  too.

All the best,

Mandyx

• Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi Kasa2103,

Sorry to hear what you're experiencing - bullying is awful, and many people are affected by it a lot. The truth is, if you do nothing, then nothing will change. It will keep on going, and will simply destroy your confidence, self esteem and wellbeing, while the bullies walk free unaffected.

I think it's important to understand why they are doing this. All bullies are insecure, and deal with that insecurity by making others feel worse and bringing them down. That way, they feel superior temporarily, and they keep on doing it to give themselves an ego boost. They target you because they think you are an easy person to prey on, and are too scared to do anything about it. They think you are alone, and that they can do what they like to you. They'll find out how wrong they are.

So, what do you need to do? Tell someone. Tell a teacher, tell a form tutor, tell a headmaster if you have to. Tell your parents. Tell someone. That way, someone knows about it, and these people all want to help you. If they don't know about it, they can't help you! So tell them - tell them every person that's involved, everything you've experienced, and how you're feeling. As a school, it's their responsibility to look after their pupils, and once they are alerted to bullying, they act swiftly to shut it down. Teachers, tutors, headmasters and parents - they are all against bullying, and they all will help you to shut these people down. They are the ones who have the power to punish bullies and sort this out. You can end all this bullying, straight away. You can even stop others from getting bullied. But for any of this to happen, you need to tell someone. Otherwise, this will keep on happening.

You're scared that nothing will happen? Telling your headmaster and parents will make sure that something happens. If need be, even the police can help, because bullying is illegal. You're scared that others will think of you as "weak" because you asked for help? They are simply insecure as well - asking for help when you need it is better than holding your pride on a pedestal. Your wellbeing matters much more than what people think of you.

The only people not on your side are the bullies in this. You just have to tell someone at school, and they will bring hell to those bullies. Suddenly, those "tough" bullies are left defenceless in the face of the school. The school will make them pay.

All it takes is for you to make the first step. Do the right thing. Tell someone, and bring all this suffering to an end, once and for all.

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    nish215nish215 Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
    Hi Kasa2103,

Sorry to hear about what you're experiencing right now, you're not an "idiot" many other people are in your position right now too- you're not alone. If you do not feel comfortable telling your parents just yet how about you start by telling a friend, teacher or another family member? Would that be an option?

-Nish :)
  • Options
    Hi @Kasa2103 How are you today? I'm checking in to see how you are. :)

Last night I was talking to Sophie about how we have to take more responsibility for ourselves, even if it's trying to cross that busy part of the road in our town which lately for her has been something of a challenge. So I gave her some instructions on where it was safer to cross, and then this morning she walked out and took my advice and got across the road in one piece. She chose the right moment when all was clear, stepped out, strode across and later when she told me, I was really pleased. :)

However, the more we hesitate when having to take responsibility for ourselves, the harder more difficult life becomes for us. Yesterday night I was diagnosed having type 1 diabetes, and now I have to look after myself - far more mindfully than ever before! Or, I become very sick. Looking back at my school years though, if I learnt anything from being bullied it was the ability to outwardly project that I was fine and in control. Nothing appeared to faze me, while inside I felt ghastly. When I got the courage to speak up, that day changed forever and in a good way.

Well, the first time you make a stand against your school bullies like I did back then, will be the day when you stand tall and hold your head up high while your bullies take the punishment they will deserve. Your mum will be proud, too, that you decided not to allow them to intimidate you anymore, and it is precisely this first step that you - yep, you - have to make, Kasa. @Azziman spoke well for you in his fantastic post, but you must take that first step or you are not going to get anywhere. And life will deffo get worse for you.

Telling someone at school or your mum will be seen as one of the most powerful moments of your life - believe me! You can do it. I believe in you. Many of our friends that you have come to know here recently, they believe in you, too.

Love in friendship and in caring,

Mandy

• Options
    Thank you for your kindness everyone
  • Options
    Brave girl. You will overcome them,
  • Options
    Floxy, pm me asap
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Floxy, pm me asap
    I did pm you, but it seems my pms are going nowhere because of our terrible storms. Try pming me again please, but don't use ths thread of your's as it's not usually allowed.

Chin up for tomorrow. You'll get through the day ok. :)
    Best wishes,
    Mandy
  • Options
    IMPORTANT UPDATE- I told my mum about some of the bullying.
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said: IMPORTANT UPDATE- I told my mum about some of the bullying.
    I'm so proud of you, Kasa!  =)

That took courage. But you did it! So now, let your mum take the reins of your worry and sort out your bullies once and for all. Because of her position at your school, she will know who best to discuss this with and what action to take. And it will get done!

Much love,
    Mandy