Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi, my name is psycho_princess2003!

psycho_princess2003psycho_princess2003 Posts: 1 Just got here
edited May 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi this is my first time on a place like this and I self harm alot, I also tend to lock myself away from my family and friends to cocoon myself in my room because I find it hard to deal with my depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and hearing... voices. They tell me to hurt myself and hurt other people, sometimes to kill others, even my parents and I honestly can't deal with it anymore, is anybody else going through the same as Me? And if so please tell me and help with with ways on how to cope because as a result of all my mental health issues I'm developing insomnia and I have exams to worry about (I'm in year 10).
Please can somebody help Me? 

From Chloe x
Post edited by Aife on

Comments

• AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi There Chloe, 

Welcome to the mix. 

Sorry to read your going through so much at such a young age as well. May i ask is anyone aware of how your feeling? It might be worth speak to someone for your own safety even if that being a close friend, neighbour or a member of staff at school. I understand it will be hard speaking to them but you have made a great start here by coming on here and talking about how you are. May i also ask has anything triggered this off? this may being an areguement, negative results, ect. Don't worry if you don't know some people just don't know. 

Have a look round the site as a whole as we have some great resource materials. As well we have some group chats on from 8-9:30pm from Sunday to Thursday for support chat and general chat. On a saturday if you can make it we have an Under 16s group what is smaller with some older members of the group who are there to support along with a mod and you can get some more guide support thats from 6-7:30pm on Saturday this week. 

Hope this is helpful

Abi
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi Chloe, welcome to the boards.

I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time with these horrible voices. Are your parents helping in any way? I think you would be very brave, but you must tell them and if that means writing how you are feeling down on paper, it would save you talking to them direct if you're shy. Sometimes my 12 year old Sophie who I'm looking after leaves me messages, and that is cool because sometimes she finds it hard to talk about her problems to me. So writing a message to your parents, eg. Mum, would be really great. :) And then she can help you.

I get anxiety, too. My friends here tell me to do breathing exercises and take walks and also cut down my caffeine (coffee or Coke) and that helps me a lot.

As @Abigail said so helpfully, chats begin at around 8 to 9:30 pm UK time, so making a chat account only takes a minute once they begin.

The Mix has only started new software so it was cool the staff made some easy to understand posts on how things work.

There may be an Under 16's chat this Saturday - though I'm not sure, so I'll tag @Aife so she can tell you.

Best wishes,

Mandy

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    edited May 2018
    Welcome to the community, Chloe!

Just to add to what's already been said, you're welcome to make a dedicated thread about this over in Health & Wellbeing if you like. This area is generally just for introductions, and threads tend to get a few more views and replies over in the main forums. :smile:

Happy posting!

EDIT: and yep, @Floxy's right - there's an Under 16's chat this Saturday. :+1:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Chloe,

Welcome!x

The first point of contact is the GP, who can assess/refer you for a proper diagnosis. From that, you can receive psychological (therapy etc) and biological (medication etc) supportx

I think it's important to tell someone at school, like a tutor or a teacher you see regularly, so that they are aware of what's going on, and can make school resources such as counselling available to you.

Of course, speaking to people, whether that be on here, or calling Samaritans, or another way, helps a lot as well to get things off your chest and have that emotional outlet..

But most importantly, don't do nothing, otherwise it will get worse. Tell someone. See a GP. You're not alone in thisx

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.