Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hey this is my intro

AlyKatAlyKat Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
I guess its got to be done. My name is Alysha/Aly, I'm 16 years old and finishing up my Junior Year(11th Grade) this year. I do my schooling online and with a few small Co-Op groups. I used to be a huge social butterfly participating in cheerleading and gymnastics until my Freshman(9th Grade) year of High School. In that year two boys thought it would be funny to put up a webpage on me pretty much running my name through the mud and slut shaming me because I would not go out with one of them. Because these two boys were upper classman and very popular many other students joined in making it unbearable for me to even attend school. After about 1 month the website was finally shutdown and the two boys were suspended. I still continued to get harassed pretty much everyday and eventually I withdrew from the school and started online school. Through all of this I lost many friends and basically one friend stood with me through it all and it my BFF still today. I suffer from Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety and Depression from this. Through therapy and meds I have gotten a lot better.

I love relaxing by listening to music. The beach and other tranquil beautiful places also give me a sense of relief. My goal in life is to become a Neurologist as I enjoy most Sciences and Math classes(Crazy I know). Other things my therapist has me do to try and help my fears is face them. I am taking these things one at a time such as the fear of heights and I jumped off a cliff into the water in Jamaica.

So that is me in a nutshell. I hope I didn't ramble too long.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Hi Aly, welcome to the board. It looks like you have already joined in, and this is good. Our community are a friendly bunch and can be very supportive so reach out for support any time you feel like it on the appropriate forum. Cheerleeding sounds awesome. You must be quite physically fit.

There is nothing like a good BFF we can rely on and in times of crisis. Mine, Ines, has got me guests to stay at my finca, an old Spanish farmhouse in Mallorca where I am permanently resident. BFF's are almost like sisters, and mine is unafraid to speak her mind. Best friends do this. :)

What genre music do you enjoy? I like jazz, blues and rock. I'm a professional musician so depend on getting work, but I do bookkeeping as I enjoy maths. My advice to you then is concentrate on the subjects you can major in, for you will do well. Neurology, I don't know what that is, but one of the ladies staying with me is a consultant's assistant and has a fantastic book which later I'll tell you about.

If you ever want online support, I recommend you make a chat account as The Mix has support chats and Support Circle (Sundays and Tuesdays) in addition to General Chat for lighthearted chats. It only takes a minute to sign up during the time the chats open (usually at 8pm)

http://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/group-chat

For Live Chat announcements every day, look here. http://www.themix.org.uk/community/f...-announcements

Best wishes,

Mandy:wave:
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome to the community, @AlyKat. :wave: Great to see you already posting.

Gosh, reading your post it sounds like you really went through a crappy ordeal. School can be tough at the best of times, but even more so when something like that happens. It's brave of you to come here and also seek help through a therapist - these things are never easy.

Just a heads up that we're UK based, so our knowledge of support services, law, and other more practical things is unique to the UK. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't stay and chat here - quite a few of our members are based overseas - but it does mean our knowledge of North American stuff will be pretty terrible. ;)

I'm Mike, by the way - one of the moderators you'll see from time to time. See you around!
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Aly,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Welcome to the boards!! I’m Eleanor, 15, it’s lovely to meet you 😊
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hell and welcome to the new boards, @AlyKat

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time at school, but you may not agree with this just yet, but difficult times and being in hard places can shape our character and we become strong for our efforts to keep going. And your seeing a therapist is brave. They should help you, though, and it would be simply great if you could return to tell us how things have gone; hopefully for the better.

I hope you will stay and continue enjoying being part of our community. I look forward to getting to know you more.

Wishing you all the best,

Belle