Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not one of my problems friend problem. Want to help but dunno how?

L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I hate saying this but my best friend recently revealed she's wants to kill herself because of her primary secondary life wasn't great as like me she got bullied thought out her school years and she's also finding it hard to cope at college currently. (she's at same college but does different days) (she's 18 i'm 19). I asked if she told anyone and she said she didn't know and i asked if she's told her parents and she said don't know which means i don't think she has. I don't think she wants to tell anyone. She told me as i'm the closest to hers as i''m like 10 mins away. But I'm worried. I feel like i should tell someone for my friends sake but if she doesn't want to. I don't want to feel like i betrayed my friend. I don't know what to do?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    saranat25saranat25 Posts: 2 Newbie
    she needs therapy. Take her to any sessions where she could speak her heart out
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    L100 wrote: »
    I hate saying this but my best friend recently revealed she's wants to kill herself because of her primary secondary life wasn't great as like me she got bullied thought out her school years and she's also finding it hard to cope at college currently. (she's at same college but does different days) (she's 18 i'm 19). I asked if she told anyone and she said she didn't know and i asked if she's told her parents and she said don't know which means i don't think she has. I don't think she wants to tell anyone. She told me as i'm the closest to hers as i''m like 10 mins away. But I'm worried. I feel like i should tell someone for my friends sake but if she doesn't want to. I don't want to feel like i betrayed my friend. I don't know what to do?

Hi L100,

It's a really tough situation you're in, and not one that's uncommon unfortunately. On the one hand, you want to respect your friend's wishes and don't want to betray her, but then if she does attempt and succeed, then you're partly responsible because you knew about the risk but didn't bring it up. On the other hand, if you tell someone, then she gets the immediate attention and help she needs, but you do put your friendship at risk.

But without doubt, the right thing to do is to tell someone. It's more important that your friend stays alive than she stays your friend, and there's a chance that she will stay friends with you. Do the right thing and tell someone!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.