Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I hate university

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
edited March 27 in Work & Study
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    Meggles wrote: »
    My dissertation can go roll off a cliff. I'm so over this stress.

I regret uni.

University is stressful, but you must go through it to get that all important degree. Think of how much you have learnt, Meggles. Think of how far you have come! Don't give up, you'll muddle through all this, but you got to pace yourself like Belle.

Come back after an hour or so, draft out some more for about an hour or so - then take a welcome break. This is what Belle is doing with her BSc online degree course. They are piling on the work, but she's plodding on and doing brilliantly having just finished a 10,000 word biggy.
  • FranFran Posts: 118 The Mix Convert
    Hey Meggles!!

Why do you say that? Is it a thought you have always had or does it depend on something specific that has just happened?
    Feel free to talk *hug*

- Fran
  • Invisible_meInvisible_me Posts: 138 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Meggles

Can I ask what year of uni you are in? Disertations and university in general is stressful and you can have a rather lot on your plate at once. But I trust you that you can get through this. I am sure you have had many other assignments/projects and dissertations before that have caused the stress- How have you/did you get through time?- Is there anything you ca do for this one. Trust me, before you know it, you will have completed the dissertation: it will pass eventually. Though, it may be hard to think so at the moment.

I often find, that actually once you have made a start on the assignment it all isn't as bad as you think. It can be hard making a start but once you have it all gets that bit easier.

Take care,
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    I FINISHED MY DISSERTATION 2 DAYS BEFORE DEADLINE

YAY THATS GREAT. Well done for finishing 😊
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Yayy well done @Meggles! You've worked so hard for this! You should be really proud of yourself :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    I FINISHED MY DISSERTATION 2 DAYS BEFORE DEADLINE

Hey Meggles,

That's brilliant!- Well done! Excellent work. Considering how stressed you were (it sounded per by your message) and you completed the assignment- not on the deadline but 2 days before. That's great!

Keep going with this high.

In_me
  • WnkicexaWnkicexa Posts: 2 Newbie
    I had similar thoughts when I wrote my dissertation. by the way, I finished it 2 hours before the deadline. but I don't recommend this extreme :D just realize, you have to finish the dissertation and be done with it. if things get too much, some of my mates ask for academic assistance here https://essayshark.com/ and successfully finished their works on time
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    Meggles said:
    I failed my dissertation. How brilliant is that
    Ohh @Meggles.

That is a shame. You worked really hard for it though and most certainly put a lot of effort in it. Remeber the grade doesn't reflect your effort.  It's a shame but see it as an opportunity to almost reflect and develop as a academic person. 

I know it's horrible and really hard and annoying- been in that situation. But it's OK!  

How much did you lose the pass by?  Have a look at the comments and using that go through the whole of your work. Can you see what they mean? Thenybook a tutorial with the lecturer and they can help you go through it.  How does that sound? 

Please keep going. And you worked extremely hard. Keep going x
    In-me
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Hi Meggles,

Sorry to hear that - like In_me said, it's not for a lack of effort! Definitely would recommend going through the comments - it helps to understand where something didn't go quite right. Keep on going!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Azziman wrote:
    Hi Meggles,
    Sorry to hear that - like In_me said, it's not for a lack of effort! Definitely would recommend going through the comments - it helps to understand where something didn't go quite right. Keep on going!x

Much love <3
    thank you for being you, I'm glad that I found a community where you can just chat! Hai God bless you
    @MarkHubbard I've removed your comment and closed this discussion as it's over 5 years old at this point. A good general rule is to check the date of the post you're responding to, and if it's over a couple of months old, it's considered 'dead' and it's best left it in its grave.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.