Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What type of Cake is your Favourite?

MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What is everyone's favourite type of cake? Me? I have quite a few!

A rich fruit and lovely treacly cake, but I'd have to have thick marzipan on top, but no icing as it would be far too sweet.
A classic light Victoria sponge filled with homemade raspberry jam and cream on the top, decorated with fresh raspberries.
I'm very fond of Parkin. It's a British cake that has a deep, sticky treacly topping, all dark, gingery and sweet.
And another, Chocolate Marble Cake such as this: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5557/chocolate-marble-cake
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Those cakes sound amazing Mirabelle!

I love chocolate cake but I'm allergic to eggs so I can only eat vegan cakes! I've found the best vegan chocolate cake from this cupcake shop called Lola's cupcakes! It's so nice!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Aife wrote: »
    Those cakes sound amazing Mirabelle!

I love chocolate cake but I'm allergic to eggs so I can only eat vegan cakes! I've found the best vegan chocolate cake from this cupcake shop called Lola's cupcakes! It's so nice!

That vegan cake sounds rather nice. I may actually have some vegan cake recipes.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Red velvet for sure!
    And of course carrot cake, gotta have some carrot cake 😂

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Not a fan of cakes. Maybe Strawberry Cheese cake. Though I’m not sure that counts as a cake. Maybe is some sort of pie. But I mean it has the word ‘cake’ so guess so.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    I'll add one more to my fab collection of loved cakes: Oreo Cheesecake. :heart::yum::heart:

Attachment not found.
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    I'm a big fan of salted caramel cake myself, although I know it isn't to everyone's tastes! :lol:
    Mirabelle wrote: »
    I'll add one more to my fab collection of loved cakes: Oreo Cheesecake. :heart::yum::heart:

Oooh now that definitely does look delicious Mirabelle. :thumb:

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Riley wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of salted caramel cake myself, although I know it isn't to everyone's tastes! :lol:

Oooh now that definitely does look delicious Mirabelle. :thumb:

- Riley

Though I'm not well right now @Riley Here's a quick reference to that Oreo Cake's recipe: https://thebusybaker.ca/easy-no-bake-oreo-cheesecake/ which the author says you can print off

Belle x
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Thank you very much @Mirabelle I'll have to give it a try sometime :) I hope you feel better soon!

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Riley wrote: »
    Thank you very much @Mirabelle I'll have to give it a try sometime :) I hope you feel better soon!

- Riley

Thanks Riley its a severe steroid tablet reaction :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just got here
    I love gingerbread, a cake otherwise known as Parkin.

Parkin is best kept a few days before eating so that its top become stickier and the flavours take time to marry. The cake has a treackly richness tasting deliciously of ginger. Sometimes I add chopped pieces of stem ginger into the cake. It's lovely served with a mug of tea. <3