Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hello

EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
Ive been ghosting this site for years, since before the name change, finally got the guts to make an account. Hello everyone :)

(Also I forgot to do this part before making post and stuff, hope thats okay)
"Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 

Comments

• Options
    MirabelleMirabelle Posts: 1,020 Wise Owl
    Hello Eyepatch and welcome to the boards. I've already seen your posts. They are very good and I hope you stay with us to get all the support you need.

Wishing you all the best,

~Belle
  • Options
    Thank You! :D
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @Eyepatch welcome to the boards! It's lovely to have you here :wave:

I'm Aife, one of the moderators here so you'll see me around from time to time! :yippe:

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Hi Eyepatch,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you :D
  • Options
    AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Eyepatch wrote: »
    Ive been ghosting this site for years, since before the name change, finally got the guts to make an account. Hello everyone :)

(Also I forgot to do this part before making post and stuff, hope thats okay)

Hello, and a warm welcome to the boards. It's nice to meet you.

Although you say that you didn't have the guts to make yourself an account (which is quite normal and understandable), you had the guts to ghost the site for a few years. Now, that would have taken guts in itself because you would have been opening your eyes up to things and some things could have hit a raw nerve with you etc x
  • Options
    @AngelIsMe21 Thanks :) I hadn't considered it that way before ^-^
  • Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Welcome welcome, @Eyepatch! Great to see a long-time lurker getting more involved. What made you create an account and start posting, if you don't mind my asking?

Gosh, the re-brand feels like SO long ago...
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    @Mike Thanks, :)

I think I made an account because I wanted to talk about an issue I was having without being face to face with someone, sometimes. Its hard to talk to people about a problem, especially when you have to repeat it to others and all the feelings come back everytime you start to talk out loud. Writing it down means I can get responses without feeling that way again.

Mostly I'd found advice on your website without having to ask, as you've got so many pages with lots of different topics. It was only when I couldn't find something I could relate my problem to that I decided I should make an account.

My uni also said it might be a good idea, I recommended the Mix to the help center and they are going to look into adding it to the list of websites that they recommended to students in need. :)
  • Options
    AngelIsMe21AngelIsMe21 Posts: 132 The Mix Convert
    Eyepatch wrote: »
    [USER="103008"]AngelIsMe21[/USER] Thanks :) I hadn't considered it that way before ^-^

Well I'm glad you've now considered it :) x