Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

MAMA Youth Project

TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

MAMA Youth Project are running a 13 week paid training programme for 18-25 year olds and they are currently recruiting for their TV Training scheme starting in March 2018.

[FONT=&quot]What is MAMA Youth Project?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We put participants into a ‘real-life’ work situation during which they have to work in a tightly knit team to produce 6 half hour episodes of a broadcast-quality magazine TV show which is aired on Sky 1 ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]www.whatsuptv.co.uk[/FONT][FONT=&quot]). Alongside the sector-related skills (production, camera, sound and editing) trainees also acquire a wide range of essential transferable practical skills including team-working, writing business letters, CV's and e-mails, arranging meetings and taking and making work calls, reliability and punctuality.[/FONT]

Experience isn’t required, trainees are thrown into the deep end under strict supervision. All we ask is that everyone is completely dedicated throughout the training programme.

Duration
14 weeks of intensive hands on training with 6 months of follow-up career support. The training is full time, Mondays-Fridays and will involve working some weekends. We require flexibility and complete availability from participants.

[FONT=&quot]Location[/FONT]
The training takes place at Sky Osterley Campus, TW7 5QD.

[FONT=&quot]Financial Support[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The first 4 weeks consists of free training and is unpaid. The following 10 weeks are employed training paid at [/FONT][FONT=&quot]National Minimum Wage[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Benefits[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If candidate is in receipt of benefits at the time of application we have a partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions that allows for continued support during the initial 4 weeks of unpaid training. Your advisor may also be able to help with travel expenses to and from training, you must enquire directly with them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Training Dates[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]19th of March – 22nd of June 2018. Trainee Production Manager and Trainee Production Coordinator start on the 15th of March 2018.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Industry Placements[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Trainees who are successful in completing the Spring 2018 training programme will go onto work placements at BBC and Procam TV. Please note that industry placements will start immediately after the training has finished.[/FONT]

The deadline for applications is 28th January 2018.

Application forms can be downloaded from their website: http://www.mamayouthproject.org.uk/apply-for-a-tv-and-media-traineeship/

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to send them an email at info@mamayouthproject.org.uk

- Aife
We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Awww only just too young :(

Better luck next time :lol:

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Good luck to anyone applying to this, looks like a great opportunity!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch