Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hi..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I thought i would write a little something about my life... Im 18 years old, left school at 14 years old due to severe anxiety and panic attacks. I suffer with two phobias that control my life, emetophobia and cardiophobia... i cant explain them as it triggers me. I am also on the autistic spectrum. Im pretty nervous about being on these forums as i used to be on a forum when I was 13 years old and people used to be pretty horrible at times. My Dad died in September after battling alcoholism and diabetes... a lot went n before he died and he had to move out in April 2017. Im very lonely and dont have many friends if any, I am extremely passionate about animals and work part time at a rehoming kennels! Animals are the only thing that have kept me going through the past few years, ive had some extremely dark times that have ended with me in hospital but Im just looking for some support. Please dont be horrible...

Comments

• starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Hey!!!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience in the past with forums. I’m the time that I have been here everyone has been really kind and welcoming to me. Everyone is lonely!! :)

Esme x
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hey @Soph_ollie, and welcome to the boards.

It's Eleanor, 14, from chat. It's really great to have you here and sorry you've had bad experiences in the past. I think the difference on here is that we all have our unique problems and have no interest in judging others. In my experience everyone is really kind.

I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard time over the past few years. I have emetophobia as well, so can realte to that. Hopefully being here will get the support you need at the mo!

Take care.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey

Sorry youve had sucha rough time. I hope you find this forum benefital. You will find no judgement here, just kindness & support. Youre not alone.

Its great youre reaching out for help, thats no small feat
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey @Soph_ollie welcome to the forums. I'm sorry to hear about everything that has happened, but hopefully being here will be helpful to you :wave:

We also offer live chats, what run for 1 hour 30 mins Sun - thurs, in the forum of General Chat or Support chat (sometimes other types)

I'm not saying you have to go to them, I'm just letting you know about them if you didn't already.
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch